ᴛᴡᴏ

The next day had gone by so fast and I was now on my way to the skate park. I had a few hours to kill before having to go into work. I got there and of course I had seen my old crew making me smile a little as they all looked over.

"Do my eyes deceive me or is that really Bird?" Marley says smirking at me, and I had one of my own on my face.

"In the flesh baby." I said and she laughs coming up to me to give me a hug.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"Oh a little of this and that."

"That's what I get after not seeing you for almost two years I need details, I need to know everything that's happened." She says and I chuckled shaking my head at her.

I knew Marley back when I used to be in foster care, before my grandmother took me in. I was in and out of the system since I was a kid, only for my grandmother to pull me out and get custody of me when I was 12.

Marley was a year older than me, met her when I was 8 and got put into a group home. She's had my back since then. It had been a while since I had seen Marley, last time I saw her she was away in juvie.

I walked around the skate park with her before we had settled on sitting down to talk about what we had missed out on with each other. I didn't realise how much I had missed her she was like a sister to me.

"Where's Theo?" I asked Marley about her 2 year old.

"He's at my mums, the court deemed me unfit to look after him, so mum took him in. I mean I see him now and then." She says and I looked at her with a sad look.

"I'm sorry Marl."

"It's cool, I mean it's good she can look after him. I'm looking for a job but right now I'm working the streets."

"Still? Seriously?"

"Okay not everybody can be like you and get their shit together so fast." She says harshly and I looked at her.

"I know I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to come off like that." I said, and she sighs shaking her head.

"No I'm sorry."

"It took me a while to figure out my shit but I know you can do it. If you ever need help M, you know I'm always here. Jeez, why don't you come home? I'm sure my grandmother wouldn't mind."

"Are you forgetting that she hates me?"

"She doesn't hate you. I think that's a bit far." I said, shrugging my shoulders and Marley looks at me before laughing.

"She said and I quote, "If I see you near my granddaughter again, you'll have me to deal with"."

"She didn't say she hated you though." I said, and she laughs making me join her.

"Don't worry about me, I've got a place with my girlfriend." She says and I smirked looking at her.

"And who is this?"

"Rue."

"No fucking way! Rue?! How long!"

"About four months now officially, but we had been seeing each other on and off for about a year." Marley says and I smiled at her, bumping her playfully with my shoulder.

"Look at you, damn. Brings a tear to my eyes." I said, fake wiping a tear from my eye making her laugh.

"What about you? Ace still in your life?"

"Ace and I broke up."

"Good." She says and I rolled my eyes, "I mean it, he was not good for you."