ғɪғᴛᴇᴇɴ

"Yo, are you ready?" Marley asked walking into my room before looking at me, "Please don't tell me that's what you're wearing to the tournament."

"It's not."

"Oh thank god."

"I'm not going." I said as I continued to do my homework.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"My AP Chem assignment, I missed a lot of the work and this is due yesterday. But obviously I didn't know that and I'm off suspension, so I got a lot of catching up to do."

"Hell no." Marley says closing my book and grabbing it making me look at her with a look, sighing.

"Give it back."

"Why are you sitting in here sulking? We gotta go and don't give me some b.s about you not wanting to go. What's up? You've been acting down since the party."

"There's nothing to talk about." I said, getting up grabbing my book from her and putting it on my bed.

"Dude come on, it's me. Keeping it all in isn't good for you." She says and I sighed.

"Miguel admitted that he liked me."

"Holy shit, no way. How the hell did this happen?"

"We were just chilling and he had so much to drink so I was looking out for him. He tells me I'm pretty and you know, usually I throw those comments off but I was caught off guard. Then he tells me had a thing for me but when he found out I had a boyfriend, he backed off. But I told him that he has a girlfriend and I like someone but if it was different, I would date him."

"You said that?"

"I-I don't know, maybe it was the alcohol but-,"

"But you did like him." Marley says and I sighed shrugging.

"I think I did and only just realised but we're such good friends, and I don't want to disrupt it. Especially since I've got a thing for Robby, he's always been there and talking to him, I can talk to him about anything too."

"Looks like you've got a situation at hand."

"This is amusing you, isn't it?" I asked looking at her and she chuckles, "Just- I don't know."

"Well there's no denying there's something between you and Miguel. I mean hearing it and seeing it but you're both tied down with someone. Especially since Miguel is dating Sam and she's your friend."

"I know and I feel like shit, but nothing happened between me and Miguel. I respect Sam too much."

"And plus you and Robby, you guys have taken everything slow to make everything right. You should go for someone who can make you happy, not like Miguel can't but you and Robby have worked so hard to be together."

"I'm team Miguel." My grandmothers voice cuts in and I turn to see her standing there.

"Mimi, have you been standing there the entire time?"

"No, your conversation was loud enough to keep me awake." She says and Marley laughs, "But you baby, you go with your heart."

"I don't trust my heart." I said making her laugh as she continues to walk in.

"I can see how that Robby boy makes you happy, you just need to give yourself a chance to be truly happy."

"You think I don't want that too. He's lied to me and he basically implied that I was there with Miguel which obviously got Sam the wrong idea. Then Miguel went to hit Robby but Sam got in the way and he hit her, she walks off and Robby went to punch him but I defended Miguel. Miguel was drunk and he was jealous, Miguel isn't the one to be like Ace I know that."