Chapter Four

Reader's P.O.V

I awoke in my own bed and the monochrome clown was no where in sight. I smiled softly at my posters hanging on the wall of my (F/B/N) reminding me i am home. I got out and looked at my calendar. Saturday, perfect. I jumped down the steps and greeted my parents. Dad looked up from his newspaper with a gentle smile and mom was no where in sight.

"Morning Daddy, where is mom?" I asked him.

"You mom got called into to work early this morning, another nurse called of at the  hospital so she had to take her shift." He replied while he kissed my forehead. he grabbed his jacket and walked towards the door.

"How is your case going?" My father was one of the most well known lawyers in the county and everyone wanted him to defend them. He smiled down at me and nodded.

"I will win this one, like i do every time." He chuckled out and raised his arms in triumph. I giggled hugging him before he went. I watched his car pull out of the driveway before i made myself some breakfast. Cereal was the perfect thing for a Saturday one because it was simple and two i felt like i was seven again while i turned on the TV to watch some old cartoons.   I may be a teenager but no one can change what i watch on my weekends.

The grandfather clock that stood proudly at the top of the steps sung out noon and i glanced down at my watch. 9:00 am. Odd. It was sang out at the wrong time. I set my now empty bowl in the sink and walked  up the stairs to see if i could fix it. My eyes widened with suspicion when something bright and colorful popped out of the gears and slid off the pendulum. Candies? Now who would put these here? I carefully placed one of the candies in my hand and then a loud knock from my bedroom stole my attention. I grabbed a fire poker from my fathers study and cautiously walked into my room.

No one was inside. But i strange box lay on the ground at the foot of my bed. It was colorful like the candies. A handle stuck out on the side and it looked like an antique. A name was carved on the side of the box. Issac. Issac? who was he? So many strange things were happening today and i grabbed my head and sat down on my bed trying to process everything. I grabbed the box from the foot of my bed and  gentle moved the handle around. The familiar tune of Pop goes the weasel played out like a small music box. When the music stopped the lid flew open causing me to jump.

No jack came out of this jack in the box thing. Then it hit me. A large black cloud flowed out of the box and pooled on my floor. Then it started to form a figure. My eyes widened as the same monochrome clown from last night stood in front of me. I screamed loudly and tried to run to the door. But he was quicker, he covered my mouth with his gloved hand and put a finger to his lips.

"Shhhh...My gumdrop. You don't want the neighbors to be worried. I see you got my present. Did you like it?" He asked. The same smell of carnival food lingered on him. I started to sweat and tears pricked in my eyes. My heart began to beat at what felt like a million miles per hour. He looked closely at me before i felt his breathe upon my face. I whimpered. "Come now do not be scared, now if i remove my hand promise me you will not scream." I nodded. He did as he said removed his hand from my mouth. I took a deep breath and slumped to the ground.

"Why are you here?" I said looking at the ground.

"Did you not mean to summon me my gumdrop? Oh you were testing out my little box now weren't you. I see, well it was quite rude of you to have me come here without wanting me. You owe me now." Laughing Jack said, after his name finally came back to me.

"I owe you nothing." I said sternly trying to hide my fright. He only laughed.  He grabbed my chin and forced me to look at him.

"Oh you will learn in time. I will take what you owe me now." He said as he pressed, no crushed his mouth against mine. Any word i had to protest died in that single moment. His sand paper like tongue ran across my bottom lip as if he was asking permission to enter. I forced my lips shut tighter but this only seemed to upset him.

He pushed my back against the ground hard while not breaking the kiss, i gasped which he took as an opening and shoved his tongue into my mouth. I felt horrible as he explored, playing with my own tongue like i was a game to him. Tears started to flow from my eyes, and i whimpered against him. His fingers ran through my hair and he pulled away for a brief moment to let me have some air. "Now you know, i always get my prize." He said before he kissed me forcefully again. I clenched my fists so hard it caused my skin to break and i felt my blood begin to run through my hands.

The door opened downstairs and Laughing Jack pulled away with a sickening gin on his face. He leaned his head down to my ear and whispered. "I will wait, but know this, if anyone besides me touches you, kisses you i will kill them." Then he disappeared.