Chapter Ten

Cas's eyes fluttered open and the first thing he saw was Dean. He groaned softly and put a hand to the large lump that had formed on his head. 'Dean... what happened?'

'You passed out and hit your head.'

Cas was confused for a moment, then realised that he and Dean weren't alone.

It was Gabriel that had spoken and he was sitting in a chair at the foot of the bed Cas was lying on.

'What the - Gabriel?' Cas tried to sit up, but his head throbbed and Dean pushed him back down. 'Where am I?'

'You're in the hospital, genius. You passed out.'

'Why are you even here?' Cas snapped.

'I thought that was obvious.'

'Yeah, well no one asked you to come, so you can go now.'

'Actually, Dean asked me to come. He got my number off your phone and texted me.'

'Why?' Cas asked Dean.

{He knows your medical history better than I do} Dean rationalised. {I figured you'd prefer him over your mom}

Cas sighed. 'Fine,' he said grumpily. 'Let's just get out of here.' He tried to get up again, but Dean wouldn't allow it.

{Wait for the doctor}

Cas glared at him.

{Will you grow up?} Dean signed, a slight, amused smile playing at his lips.

Cas folded his arms and dropped back down on the bed, then Dean grabbed the little remote beside his bed and pushed down a button. It made the bed move upwards, pushing Cas up in a sitting position. {Better?}

{Thanks}

Just then, the doctor entered holding a clipboard. She smiled at Cas when she saw he was awake. 'Welcome back to the world,' she said warmly. 'How are you feeling?'

'Like I got hit in the head.'

'According to your friend, here, you hit your head on a counter when you collapsed, so that would explain that,' she smiled. 'Now, I need to ask you a few questions. It might be more comfortable if we were alone?'

Cas shrugged. 'It doesn't matter. They can stay.'

'Well, if you're sure... First of all, do you drink?' she asked, flipping through his paperwork.

'No.'

'Do you smoke?'

'No.'

'Height?'

'Six foot.'

'Weight?'

'Uh... a hundred and thirty pounds, or thereabouts.'

'Okay, a little underweight, but okay. Let's see, it says here your blood pressure's a little high but nothing too bad. Are you currently on any medications?'

'No.'

'Are you sexually active?'

Cas flushed and glanced briefly at Dean before saying, 'No.'

The doctor raised an eyebrow at him. 'Are you sure?'

Cas turned even redder and Gabriel laughed at him.

'Oh, he's sure,' Gabriel sniggered. 'How long has it been, exactly, Cas?'

'None of your business,' Cas snapped.