Chapter Twenty-Six

Cas awoke early the next morning, out of habit more than anything. Dean was sprawled out beside him, and he had a raging hangover. He slowly dragged himself out of bed, and into the living room to find some painkillers.

Charlie was already in the kitchen, frying some bacon, immune to the side effects of alcohol, as she always had been. 'Morning,' she said brightly, smiling at him.

Cas groaned by way of greeting and leaned on the counter, head resting on his palm.

Alfie snuffled softly on the couch, but did not wake.

Charlie's smile was wide, and she hummed as she cooked. 'I'm finally getting married, Cas,' she beamed. 'Now that it's legal.'

'Please, as if legality would have stopped you,' Cas smiled weakly.

Charlie rolled her eyes. 'Right, but now other people will have to call her my wife too.' She served up some bacon on a plate for Cas and stood in front of him, on the other side of the counter. 'You'll be my best man?'

Cas choked in his bacon. 'Me?' he said.

'Yeah, you, dummy. Who else?'

'But- but, you're a girl, you can't have a best man.'

Charlie rolled her eyes. 'You can be my maid of honour, if that makes you feel better.' Charlie laughed at his expression. 'Cas, we're gay, we can do what we want, so what do you say?'

Cas smiled. 'Of course I'll be your best man.'

Charlie clapped her hands together. 'Yes! Awesome! Okay, so the wedding is next month.' She pulled her phone out and opened the calendar on it, showing Cas the dates. 'We're having it on that Friday, and we're having our joint bachelorette party on the Tuesday before. Everyone's invited, including Sam and Dean, and it's a costume party-'

Cas groaned.

'Come on, Cas, it's my wedding.'

'Fine,' Cas smiled, 'we'll come up with something.'

Charlie came around the counter and threw her arms around him.

'Ow, Charlie,' Cas winced.

'Sorry,' she said sheepishly, letting him go.

'I hope you're not expecting me to make a funny speech, or anything.'

'You have to do a speech!'

'I'll do a speech.'

'All right, do a speech.'

Charlie went back into the kitchen to make more breakfast, and the smell of sausages roused both Dean and Alfie.

Dean emerged from their bedroom, hair ruffled, and eyes half closed. He trudged over to the kitchen and wrapped his arms around Cas's waist, leaning on him from behind.

'You want some breakfast, Dean?' Charlie asked.

Dean nodded. He tightened his grip on Cas, lightly kissing his head.

'How are you feeling?' Cas asked softly.

Dean just groaned in response, and Cas snorted.

'You should drink more water next time.'

'Eurgh, I'm nauseous enough already, can you two stop?' Alfie said, sliding off the couch and onto the floor.

Dean laughed at him, then slowly walked around the kitchen making ginger tea for everyone.