Music to my ears

Soul Eater Evans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) - your name

(H/s) - hair style

(S/c) - skin colour

(E/c) - eye colour

(H/c) - hair colour

A sweet melody hangs in the air, rhythmic notes flowing one after the other. Harmony synchronizing with the soft voice. Soft and angelic mixing with the keys of a grand piano. You reside alone in a room, alone in your music, alone in your world. A smile, faint on your face as you sing away your worries. You loved playing the piano. It was the one thing to keep you spiritually close with your family. The family who now resides in the heavens, looking down upon you.

You were new to DWMA and were both a meister and a weapon. Upon arriving, you had instantly made new friends. Black Star, Tsubaki, Death the Kid, Patty, Liz, Maka and finally, Soul Eater Evans. You and Soul both found out about your love of music and instantly hit it off well together, becoming best friends. Soul preferred classical music, whereas you preferred modern types. You thought your life at DWMA couldn't be better, with the fun missions and wacky classes. You loved it there, but you also started to love a specific person. Soul. Your best friend. As cliche as it sounds, it was true. You loved his smart ass comments and how 'cool' he thinks about certain things. You loved how arrogant and caring he could be. The fact that he cared for his meister more than himself. The fact that he would willingly sacrifice himself to save his friends.

The music travels throughout the school, none bothered to stop and listen. Everyone knowing it was you playing but ignored it. Except for one. Soul stops short and smiles, thinking about you. When you first came to DWMA, he thought you were cute and shy. But also thought that you were fragile and weak. He instantly changed his mind about you when he saw you in action at your very first mission. He was impressed and awed by your skill, not only because you were a self-wielding weapon. Finding out that you played the piano, he thought that this was 'cool' and thought that he was the only one that knew to play. He wanted to know everything about you. Your likes, dislikes, favourite things. It was like his heart was drawn to you and he didn't know why. Day by day, week, by week, Soul thought of you constantly, even when you were hanging with him and everyone else. He knew that somehow, he had fallen in love with you. He loved the way how you spoke your mind, how you were so caring and friendly towards others. How you stayed focus on a mission and was dedicated to complete it. How you didn't care what others thought of you.

Soul followed the sweet melody to find you in an empty room, sitting by a grand piano and playing one of your favourite modern songs. Soul loved how much heart you put into playing the songs, how real emotions were played through it.

"You know the bed feels warmer
Sleeping here alone
You know I dream in colour
And do the things I want

You think you got the best of me
Think you've had the last laugh
Bet you think that everything good is gone
Think you left me broken down
Think that I'd come running back
Baby you don't know me, cause you're dead wrong

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
Stand a little taller
Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
Footsteps even lighter
Doesn't mean I'm over cause you're gone