Salvation (Part 1)

Rin Matsuoka

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) - your name

(H/s) - hair style

(Y/f/n) - your full name

(E/c) - eye colour

(H/c) - hair colour

The force of his body, pushing past the raging waters. The waves crash against him and pull him down, deeper into its dark depths. Gasping for air as he reaches above the water's surface, seeing the light, blinding him. His lungs burn and his limbs ache, but that doesn't stop him from pushing through to the end. Surfacing once again, gasping for air as he sees himself finishing first before the rest of the swimmers. Without looking at the scoreboard, Rin Matsuoka lifts himself out from the waters, knowing, once again, that he had won yet another swimming competition. Pushing past the rest of the swimmers, he just heads to the commentator's desk, straight for the grand prize money. Ignoring his friend's calls and his school's cheers, he walks away from the chaos and into the locker room to gather his possessions. Sighing out loud, he hides the money in his bag, before sprinting off to the one place he visits every day but is stopped by his friends. Agitated by the fact that he's wasting time, Rin pushes past them, snarling. His friends call after him, worried but also mad at the way he treated them. Gou watches his brother once again, ignoring her. Her eyes narrow and lips thin as sadness blooms in her.

The next day at school, Gou, Rei, Nagisa, Haru, and Makato all try to find Rin. They search around the school halls to see him in the cafeteria. Rin sits there, staring at the table, his hands into fists. Tears continue to drip down his cheeks, not knowing that his friends were approaching him. Gou, Rei, Nagisa, Haru and Makato all confront Rin, shocked to see the hardcore swimmer to be crying. Rin quickly wipes his tears away, snarling at his friends unintentionally. They all ask him questions but Rin retaliates in anger.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" They all jump in shock, as they watch their red-haired friend run off with his backpack. They all frown, Gou almost in tears to see her brother in pain. She just wanted to help him, ever since he was acting like this two years back. Gou knew something happened for him to act like this. To turn away from his friends and her. To be filled with anger and sadness. But she didn't know what, or the rest of his friends. The group spent the first half of the school day, trying to find Rin but to see him nowhere on the school grounds. The group all sigh in defeat, heading out to the swimming pool.

"There's something wrong with him." Gou mumbles, her hands in her laps.

"He doesn't come to the swim club anymore." Nagisa whines out, pouting as Rei rubs his back.

"I don't even see him much in school anymore. He normally goes out during breaks or leaves quickly when school is over." Rei points out, trying to figure everything out.

"Maybe we should just ask him?" Makato frowns but Gou sighs.

"I did, so many times. Everyone else did as well. He just doesn't want to tell us." Gou explains, sighing in defeat. Haru stays quiet, not an unusual trait to everyone else knowing that he was always like this. But Haru was quiet for a reason. He knew what was going on with Rin. Why he was ignoring everyone, using up all his time outside of school, not coming to the swim club and especially pushing himself harder for first place when winning grand prize money at the swimming competitions. Rin was trying to save someone's life. A life that was dear to him. Haru frowns, the emotion deeply expressed on his face, shocking everyone that was sitting with him at the table by the pool. Haru deeply apologises to Rin in his mind, but he couldn't keep this secret anymore, couldn't hide it knowing that he and the rest of Rin's friends could maybe try to help him.