Burden (Part 1)

UF!Sans

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRIGGER WARNING: this oneshot covers issues on SELF HARM AND VERBAL ABUSE

Please know that I don't want to offend anyone with this story and if I did, I'm terribly sorry. I can take it down if any of you want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(F/c) - favourite colour

(Y/n) - your name

(S/n) - siblings name

(Y/f/n) - your full name

I always seemed to be a burden to you.

Now I'm gone and I'm never coming back.

You won't find me and I intend for it to stay that way.

I never want to come back and I never will.

Like you've always wanted.

Like I've always planned.

I'm sorry (s/n), it was either disappearing like this.

Or trying to kill myself, even though I am afraid of death.

Not your daughter anymore, (y/f/n).

It was every man for themselves.

Your backpack bounced on your back, the cold wind nipping at your exposed skin. You shuddered in your (f/c) hoodie, your sneakers and trackies. It was always cold out at night, the moon mocking you and hiding behind the clouds as it seemed to not want to help you. Your glasses continuously fall on your nose, you continuously having to fix it. Your hoodie falls back, your hair flying behind you as you ran away from the place you used to call home. You never felt as if you belonged, so why not take action to a runaway plan. One you have planned ever since you were 15. Now 18, no one would care if you disappeared, a stray young adult who went down the wrong path.

You dodged the passing branches of trees, carefully jumping over rocks or logs or any other trip hazards. The trees loomed high over your head, covering you in darkness and utter silence. No other sounds of creatures to be heard in a miles radius. You were alone, and you were happy. For once. Free. Finally free. No one could stop you now. You slowed down to a casual walk, glancing up at the sky, little fireflies surrounding you. You smiled, walking forward. You looked back, stopping. You could still see the city lights. No other sounds disturbed the city lifestyle. No sounds of the police or the ambulance. No sounds of people looking for you. You let out a heavy breath, your whole body suddenly feeling light, the invisible weight on your shoulders lifting.

You turned back around and continued walking, never looking back at the city. Your head was filled with the pounding of your music, your feet walking along with the beat. As quick as it had started, the peace and quiet had ended just as quick. You screamed out, your hair raising up as you continued to fall rapidly. Air rushed passed you, the floor never seeming to come to sight. Tears fall out rapidly, soon to float up as you fall at a rapid speed. You clutched your bag to your chest, your possessions being your one safe house from reality. To keep you sane and happy. You were willing to take the impact and the bone breaking pain. You deserved it anyway. Don't you think?

Light blinded your eyelids, your clouded mind coming back to consciousness. You tried to rub your eyes but couldn't move. You tried again, only getting feeling in your fingers. Soon, the feeling spread to your whole arm and you rubbed your eyes, opening them to see a circle of clear blue sky. You raised your hand, staring at a passing cloud, the sunlight shining down at you. You bore a confused face. The circle of the sky was small, surrounded by dark walls. You raised yourself up with your hand, gasping out in pain as your whole body shook from the pain. Tears continued to stream out as you whimpered loudly, clutching your stomach. You saw your bag near you and you crawled over to it, opening it to see your possessions safe from harm. You smile, tears falling. You crawled to a wall with your bag, sitting up with your back against it. You closed your eyes, wincing from the pain, hoping that resting would maybe decrease the pain.