Save Me

Gray Fullbuster

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) - your name

(B/f/n) - best friends name (girl)

What is depression, is it when you feel like a failure to your parents? Is it when you're insecurities about yourself consumes you? Things like I'm ugly, I'm so fat, no one will like me, they are just being my friends cause they pity me, things like that? Is it when you are scared to fall in love? When you build up a wall around your heart and you wake up every day, faking things like your smile and laughter? Is it when you don't even seem to know what the real you is like? Maybe, just maybe, my life isn't as bright as I thought it was. Listening to music, that's the only thing keeping me sane in this world, reading fanfictions with loveable male characters and a depressed reader. Somehow, relating to the feelings to that reader. Mind blank and empty, not a single emotion to be felt besides sadness.

Tears threaten to escape and trickle down my cheeks as I read. Only problem is, that I'm reading a happy part. I look around my classmates to see if anyone notices my shaking hands. I pack my stuff quietly and quickly, making sure to not have any attention on me. I get up slowly and head to the teacher at the front of the classroom.

"Yes (y/n)?"

"May I go to the bathroom please?" I quietly whisper, my hair covering my glassy eyes. The teacher nods and signs my diary before I head out. I instantly put my earphones on, blasting the music. Closing the door behind me, I take off in a sprint. I head outside, not wanting to see another passing student. What is wrong with me!? I head to the library and hide out there. Why did I just start crying!? I sigh as I sit down, taking out my book once again. Even though I have many friends, even though I am happy, there's that doubt. I'm not normally someone who has depression, but taking multiple tests seems to change my mind. Somewhere in between moderate and severe. Stupid right, to believe some test on the internet, but I can't help but feel constantly sad.

I sigh as I take out my homework from maths in the morning today and start working on it. No, I'm not a nerd, in fact, I hate doing work, but I want to have my free time when I get home. I hear a chair scrape in front of me and I ignore the person. Maybe they just want to sit down. I continue working, my mind going to dark places. No, not the suicidal thoughts, I've never had one of those before, even though I seem to be depressed. I hear a cough and I continue to ignore the person. Maybe they are just clearing their throat. The coughing gets louder and I stop. I look up to see that it was Gray Fullbuster. The school's most popular guy. All in all, a playboy. I look at him with no emotion on my face at all.

I am only happy around my friends, laughing and smiling along with them, having not a single care in the world. It's like all my doubts fly out the window. But when I'm alone and I get back home, they resurface. I'm normally cold to new people, especially guys. Reason for this is cause I have trust issues, even with my own friends. Sometimes I wonder if they are only my friends cause they pity me. But no matter what, I'll never let them down, never hurt them, even if they might hurt me in the future. I blink once, twice, trying to figure out why Gray is here.

"This seat taken?" I shake my head no. Another trait that I seem to have is to look like one of those quiet girls. But in fact, I'm loud and boisterous around my friends. When I'm without them, I just seem to shut down. I turn back to working on my homework when I hear another cough. I look up again, feeling scared. What does he want with me? I look around to see if Gray's friends are around. Maybe this is some sort of dare. I turn back to see Gray leaning in his chair, smirking. I narrow my eyes at him and put down my pen.