Darkness Around Me (Part 2)

Ciel Phantomhive

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) - your name

(M/n) - middle name

(L/n) - last name

That was 5 years ago. That day, you were glad to be rescued by Earl Phantomhive. Glad that he still held his offer for you to become one of his maids. That day when you woke up on the softest bed in the most comfortable clothing, you knew your life would change for the better. You agreed to become a maid at the Phantomhive Manor, meeting the other staff and instantly becoming the best of friends. Mey-Rin, the clumsy but sweet maid, Bard, the stubborn but hilarious cook, Finny, the strong but kind-hearted Gardner, Tanaka, the old but very wise father figure and Sebastian, the cat lover yet polite butler. You loved them all as if they all were your own family. You also loved the Earl, but not as part of a family, but as more. You had fallen in love with him when you first realise he was not as bad as the other Earls you served. Though he was reserved and cold, he cared for his servants and his family. You were glad that he found you in the streets, rescued you from that dark life and helped you into the new you. But you knew he would never return your feelings. He was an Earl, you were a mere maid and he was engaged. Nonetheless, you still loved him.

It was Ciel's 18th birthday. The day he was to propose to his cousin, Elizabeth Midford. Though, he had his heart captured by another. He never loved Lizzy that way, he loved you. His heart yearned for you and only you. When you agreed to become a maid at his mansion, he had felt a spark in his heart. A spark he had never felt in a long time, happiness. He made you his personal maid, making sure you only did the easy tasks, so not to exhaust you. He made sure you were well fed and that you were healthy, letting you take day offs, along with the other staff. He knew he finally loved you when he could not stop thinking about you, and especially when you were hurt.

That day, when you captured by the Trancy's, he was angry beyond anything in the world could ever comprehend. He made sure you were safe after that incident, staying by your side when you had a nightmare. His love never faltered but grew when he found out you were blind. He helped you around the mansion, leading you to where you had to go, holding your hand and leading the way. He made sure you were able to run your hands across the walls without being injured, gave you a little bell if you were ever in need of help. Ciel loved you for the way you are. But now, his heart is torn, him having to propose to someone he doesn't even love. Ciel was shaken from his thoughts when he heard a knock at his door.

"Enter." Ciel instantly smiles when you walk in, your face adorned with a bright smile. A hand holding onto the wall and one behind your back. Ciel quickly holds onto your hand, leading you carefully to his bed.

"Happy birthday master!" Ciel chuckles lowly.

"How many times have I told you. Call me Ciel (y/n)." Ciel blushes when he notices your cheeks going red.

"Sorry, ma-Ciel. Here." Ciel looks down at your hands to notice a box. He takes it slowly, smiling lightly.

"What is this?"

"It's your gift from me."

"Thank you (y/n)." Ciel watches as you lead your way out of his room, closing the door behind you. He looks at the small gift, smiling. Before he was able to unwrap it, his door burst open to reveal his fiancé. Elizabeth Midford. Ciel scowls at her as she grabs his arms.

"Ciel. The party is about to start." She grabs the gift and places it on the bedside table, dragging him away. Ciel looks back at the gift, upset.