Salvation (Part 2)

Rin Matsuoka

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Y/n) - your name

(H/s) - hair style

(S/c) - skin colour

(E/c) - eye colour

(H/c) - hair colour

For the next few days, Rin was given plenty of money to pay for your treatment, all with the help of his friends, the school, and the countless jobs he had. But it wasn't enough. It still wasn't enough to stop the hospital from wanting to pull your plug. Rin walked into school, still trying to think of ways to earn more money. Rin didn't talk to anyone as school started. He eventually attended his first class when he received a call from the hospital in the middle of the class. Picking up the phone without asking the teacher, he answered.

"Is this Rin Matsuoka?" A deep voice run through the phone as Rin gulped, walking out the classroom, leaving the class confused and some worried.

"Y-yes?" He whispered out, hoping you were ok.

"I'm here to inform you about (y/n)." Rin couldn't register the rest of the words as he rushed back in the class to run back out. He passed all his friends in the hallway and ran towards his bike, climbing aboard and cycling all the way to the hospital. Rin didn't slow down but went faster as he got off his bike, throwing it away as he ran passed the nurse and security. Running down the hallway, tears streaming past, he went faster, trying to reach for your door. Slamming against chairs and tables as he tried to slow down, Rin got back up as he opened your door. His breath hitched in his throat, his body not moving, not functioning. Rin fell to his knees, the pain not registering as he saw you, awake and conscious. Rin slowly got up and walks to you, as you smile softly at him.

"(y-y/n)?" Rin whispers, not wanting this dream to stop if it was a dream. He reaches your bed and slowly cups your face, him breaking when he saw you lean into his hands. You grip his hands with yours, your other hand cupping his cheek, wiping away his tears with your thumb. Rin leans into your hand before grabbing it and kissing your palm.

"R-Rin." You whisper out, your voice hoarse. Rin lets out a small laugh, crying again when he heard your voice. That sweet sound he wished to hear every night when he cried by your bed. Rin leans his forehead on yours, both your eyes staring at each other.

"I missed you. So much." Rin whispers out kissing your nose. Tears stream down your cheeks, wanting this moment to last forever. You smile sadly, the life in your eyes fading quickly. Rin notices and leans back, his eyes wide and panicking. "(y/n)! Whats wrong!?" he hears your heart monitor beating slower and slower. Rin panics and starts to cry. He just got you back and now you're leaving him again. Rin holds you to him, like if he could give you his life, as your breathing starts to slow.

"R-Rin. I-I'm so sorry. F-for causing you t-this much pain." Rin shakes his head, not wanting to lose you all over again. "P-promise me." You breathe in heavily after each sentence.

"(y/n) no! You'll make it!" Rin starts to scream out for help, for someone who can keep you alive with him. He turns back to you when he feels you holding his cheek. "(y/n). I can't lose you again. Please." Rin begs as you let out a shaky breath.

"P-promise me you won't s-stop swimming. P-promise me you will continue l-living your life. P-please move on from m-me. F-find someone else who you c-can live your life with you. S-someone who makes you h-happy." You start to cry as Rin hugs you again, holding on to you for dear life.