Notes

Zach Dempsey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please play music in the media throughout the one shot to get a deeper feeling

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(y/n) - your name

(y/m/n) - your favourite colour

(F/s/d) - favourite soft drink

"I'm sick of it, you know? Just because I don't have her skinny-ass body doesn't mean I'm fat!" The student at front of the class bursts out in tears as Sheri gets up from her desk and comforts her. You close your eyes, your head on your arms as music blasts through your earphones. You knew people were snickering at the girl and tsked in annoyance.

"Maybe she should try a diet." You hear the annoying voice of Pratters and take your headphones out.

"Says the fucking dickhead that has no common sense and picks on people to mask his own insecurities under that ugly ass hat you wear. Whatchu hiding under there anyway? You balding?" People burst out laughing and Pratters glare at you as you raise your hands, the middle finger up.

"I'm just saying, all right. If you're getting fat-shamed, then..." You raise a brow at Pratters.

"Don't even finish that fucking sentence twig." Pratters cowers slightly under your glare and shuts up.

"Pratters, that's like someone saying to you, 'Don't be an idiot and a dickwad.' Can't help it." Zach answers back and you cut in before Pratters could speak.

"Now think before you speak. Or do you not have the brain capacity to understand that you were just called an idiot and a dickwad." You state before plugging in your headphones again as soon as the bell rings. Pratters open and closes his mouth in confusion before understanding and gets up from his seat. He walks out of the class in anger and you laugh out loud, Pratters grumbling as he could hear you laugh.

"All right people, so remember the compliment bags." You wait until everyone has walked out of the class before you do, crossing your arms and leaning back on your chair with your eyes closed. "Um, it's always best to give a compliment to face, but sometimes it's easier to be anonymous." You hear the legs of chairs scraping against the floor, the chattering of numerous people and the cacophony of different footsteps. "All right. See you tomorrow."

"Is she actually falling asleep like that?" You heard Justin question thinking you were asleep before he walks out of the class, Zach chuckling at your state. You tried your best to not blush, overhearing his conversation with Hannah.

"I always feel stupid."

"Looking?"

"Yeah. Yeah."

"These are the stupidest, most embarrassing things that i check every day, no matter what."

"Right. Get a good one?"

"Nothing earthshaking. You?"

"Nada." You frown slightly hearing this. Zach was part of the popular kids. Part of the jocks. He was known by everyone, especially by the girls. You wondered why he wouldn't get any. You look at your arms sadly, knowing that he must feel lonely. People knew him, but not enough to write something.

You had known Zach since freshman year, developing feelings for the kind and gentle guy. You weren't close to him, but were more of acquaintances that you see everyday in class. Since you had him in almost all your classes that past few years. You would talk to him sometimes, only if you needed help or if he talked with you first. You didn't mind the lack of communication but treasured every moment you would have with Zach. You don't remember when exactly you fell in love with Zach, but didn't let it hinder how you interacted with him. It was hard sometimes to hide your feelings in some moments, but other times, you were amazing at hiding them from Zach. You loved to see how kind he was with everyone, seeing his smile he showed to those around him. Zach seemed to be a cheery person, someone who would hype up their friends with his energetic enthusiasm. You loved seeing Zach happy, it would always put a smile on your face to see his bright smile at school.