Chapter-Seven

*Alex's P.O.V.*

Christopher guided me back towards the camp, his hand resting on my waist. We walked into the middle of the clearing, and the talking died down.

"Wow ha ha, you guys are like rabbits.", Iris shouted out.

My eyebrows strung together in confusion towards her remark. What?

All of a sudden, hoots of laughter rang throughout the small area. Christopher growled and held me impossibly closer.

"That's enough!", he barked out in a fierce tone.

The laughing immediately died down. He walked me over towards the chairs, and sat down beside me in one, moving it closer towards mine. Silence was engulfed in between us all, awkward coughs and shuffling of feet disrupting it.

"So..what did you guys mean by 'acting like rabbits?' " The tension grew thicker and it was enough to cut with a knife.

Christopher leaned over to my shoulder, and placed his mouth near my ear.

"Rabbits have sex alot, so they are implying that we just had sex back there because of your scent. And..the large purple and red hickey on your neck.", he added the last part cheekily.

I scoffed and returned my attention towards the pack.

"Thanks guys!", I joked.

Everyone erupted in comical laughter. My giggling soon became snorts of laughter, resulting in everyone laughing harder. After what seemed like an hour of joking and laughing, everything died down.

"So, who wants to go for a run?", Christopher asks everyone.

I nod feverishly as everyone murmurs a 'Yes' in agreement.They all stand up, separating to go their own ways towards a place to shift quietly. I watch Christopher disappear behind a tree, my eyes following his every move.

I walk over behind a large oak tree and strip free from the clothes I was given.

I sat on all for, my head huddled between my elbows. I hunched my back upward, focusing on my wolf.

Her white pelt and soft fur, her milky blue eyes fiercely indifferencing from other's. Minutes later, I felt my body beginning to warm up, the sounds of cracking and snapping following.

My hearing was heightened and my breath was shallow with every intake. Soon after, the noises stopped and I stood up on all fours.

I stuck my head up into the air, sniffing for the others. I caught the whiff of Christopher, Iris, Sam, and Xavier. I walked out from behind my temporary shelter, and into the woods. Large paw prints sculpted into the mud, days old.

I caught another whiff of Christopher's scent and followed, it leading me towards his wolf immediately.

I poked my head out from behind a tree, seeing the whole pack waiting for me, everyone spread out. I stepped out once, and Christopher's ears perked up.

He turned around, his tail thumping the ground wildly. My natural instincts took over, and my wolf had full control over her form.

She ran towards him, his wolf now panting in delight. I tackled him in a ball, my tongue covering his face.

He playfully growled and shoved me backwards, causing me to fall on my back. He stood towering over me, his tongue lolling out the side of his snout.

I growled playfully and lunged up towards his neck, biting softly at the thick fur covering his neck. "Argghgh", is the muffled sounds I made as I chewed on his scruff.

He snorted and jumped backwards, bringing me with him. I got up, my upper body hunched towards the ground, and my butt up in the air.

I crawled towards him like that slowly, keeping my pace and distance.

I stopped a few feet away, his eye's never leaving mine. A low rumble sounded from my chest, and I jumped off the ground, leaning towards him.

I landed on the cool ground seconds later, my paws now caked in dirt.

I snarled and stood back up. My eyes roamed the wood clearing, but I couldn't make out any black fur. I stepped away from the spot we were just playing at, and howled.

My howl was long and powerful, sending the animals around scurrying for the closest shelter. I heard two howls call back, one being the most powerful and loudest of all.

I howled again, and continued on my search for them. I ran through the thicket of the green woods, stumbling here and there, but nether-less with grace.

I heard the howling much closer now, and the scent of the pack filling my nose.

I ran faster, the wind brushing softly against my fur, the thudding of my footfalls echoing among the quiet forest. I ran past a large clearing, and was suddenly tackled down by a large, black creature. I stood up and snarled, only to be licked.

I realized it was only Christopher, so I licked his muzzle a few times before turning back around. I nudged his shoulder, indicating that I wanted to go back to camp.

He paused, his nose twitching, before nodding. His head lifted up towards the sky, and I long howl was produced.

Shivers tingled down my spine at the sensation of hearing my mate howl. I waited patiently for the rest of the pack, before making a dash towards the camp.

                                                                        *Thirty Minutes Later*

After catching down a few rabbits on the way back to camp, we were now stuffed.

We were currently all sitting down in the chairs, Sam and Jade already pitching up their sleeping bags to sleep for the night.

Christopher was holding my hand as we snuggled up against each other, our fingers in a tangled mess. My head was nuzzled into the crook of his neck, my eyes half open.

"Alex, can you get up for a sec?", he asked me. I quickly shot up, giving him space to sit up.

Darius was standing in front Christopher now, holding what looked to be a little bottle of ink.

Christopher instructed me to sit up, and lift my wrist out to him, the white flesh underneath exposed. He uncapped the bottle of ink after Darius handed it to him, wiping some onto his finger.

He pressed it firmly to my wrist, and began chanting some unknown words. My skin rippled beneath his gentle touch, and my body trembled in shivers.

My head was overtaken with pain, my nose bleeding slightly. I felt the presence of other's in my head, and howls echoing loudly.

A crumbled gasp escaped my lips as it continued on, my body now withering in the chair. I seen visions of everyone's wolves in the pack, including mine.

Suddenly, everything seemed clear to me when I opened my eyes and Christopher removed his finger from my wrist, my eyes growing wide with excitement. 

                                                                             *Author's Note*

 Hey bros!

Sorry for the cliffhanger, wanted to screw your guy's heads up a tad bit x'D

Love yuh all to pieces and back :*