Chapter-Twenty two

*Iris's P.O.V.*

          WARNING: THERE WILL BE SOME PG-3 RATED PARTS

I sighed as the sun started to slowly set below the horizon. The birds squawked as they flew overhead to go back to their nests or to perch on top of a tree. A smiled as a small Chipmunk crawled out of its little den to gnaw on an acorn.

The summer breeze blew around my body. My raven black hair whipped all around my shoulders as the wind's howls got louder. I stood up from the gate I was perched on.

I was now standing in front of the gate leading to the section of fenced in area where we were to practice our fighting techniques. I grinned at the thought.

In two weeks, ill be fully committed to pack doctor duties. My father was a pack doctor, and I inherited his ability's to heal the wounded with a single touch and lots of energy and concentration. I walked over to the wood line and stopped right at the entrance to the green area.

I tilted my head to the air and took a big whiff of the cool summer breeze. I seen fire flies dance and light up the sky in green. I closed my eyes,savoring the moment.

I opened them only to be greeted with a long, painful howl deep within the woods, far from our territory. We shared the edge of the wood lining about twelve acres back.

The wolf pack that bordered our territory was named after a great follower of the moon goddess, the 'Shallow Eclipse' pack. They were mysterious wolves. They kept to themselves, but were vicious to other packs that may have caused any problem with their Alpha, Ben. He was the type of Alpha no one wanted to screw around with.

His jaw was set permanent to a scowl because of a fight he was in back when he challenged the previous Alpha of the pack. His eyes were stone cold, the color of a ruthless killer.

I wandered through the woods, speed walking to get to the sound of the howl. Whoever the source was of the beautiful howl, it was beautiful. The howl had a sad, but desperate call to it. I attracted my attention off task immediately. I was constantly sniffing the air, trying to find the scent of a stray wolf. I kept sniffing around, my nose twitching non stop.

I would have giggled at myself because I must've looked funny, but I was too involved in the howl. I stopped, trying to pin point the direct location of the long howl. After a good five minutes, the howl started back up again.

I blew out a breath I did not realize I was holding in and started towards the sound. It was coming towards the East side of the woods, where the border sits. I started to jog, but stopped when I realized it was still long ways to go.

I stripped from my clothing and squatted down to the ground before letting out a relaxing breath. I concentrated on my wolf form. She was a gorgeous black wolf with a small, petite frame.

I was the smallest of the pack, and I hated it. My wolf loved the way she looked, and was proud to strut off her excrescence to other male wolves. I felt my bones shift around, making room for my wolf body parts to join together.

I felt my ears twitch before giving in to the wolf's ears. My nose twitched twice before stretching out to a long, slick black snout. When I felt I was completely changed, I stood up on all fours.

I shook out the leaves that stayed stuck to my coat and spun around in a quick circle to check my surroundings before picking up my clothing. I tucked my panties in my shirt and balled it up. My bra and shorts were hanging loosely by the grip of my front canines.