8

dear beomgyu,

rock, paper, scissors. we call it bato-bato-pik in our country. but you call it, "bato-to-pik" lol.

do you remember that game? that was the game that we always play whenever who's going to treat ice cream. you always lose because you literally play rock, paper, and scissors, i got your pattern and you are always frustrated because you never win, though, you didn't really care if you were the one to treat me or not.

"why do i always lose to you?" that was always the line you say everytime we play and then you'll just walk out but i always laugh and follow you.

at first, i thought you'll be mad at me again for defeating you but when we always buy ice cream, you always forget about being competitive. i liked it, though. you look really cute when eating an ice cream. you always get ice cream on your nose and i'll always laugh at you.

do you still remember kuya jason? yes, the ice cream vendor. he is the only dirty ice cream vendor roaming outside the building so we used to buy ice cream from him. since you are a lot talkative, you always converse with him about a lot of things and i was always the one listening. i was only a translator of few words so your conversation would be smooth.

"why do you always roam around selling ice cream in the midst of this hot and sunny weather? aren't you getting tired?" you asked him as you noticed how bullets of sweat formed in his head.

"i have a family to support financially. i don't have any choice but to roam around and sell ice cream, no matter if it's sunny or rainy. i need to continue working and strive hard for my family." he said and you nodded as if absorbing the words he just said. you continued nodding your head and sighed.

"but can't you just stay in one place, uh, like, somewhere not too sunny?" you continued to ask. i saw curiosity in your eyes. i noticed how curious you are but you decided to stop asking questions because kuya jason said that he needs to go to other places to sell for income.

we talked about it the whole time we are inside the car going to your home.

you are really a curious person, gyu. whenever you are curious, you never stopped asking until you are satisfied. you knew a lot of things. you were curious about a lot of things.

but aren't you curious about what happened between us? aren't you curious about how my life went since you stopped talking to me? because, gyu, i am really curious about what happened– why did you ghost me?