10

dear beomgyu,

do you remember how the last day of our dance class went like?

you were really silent that day. you did not want to talk to anyone. well, you talked to me but you were so dry. i was not used to the silent gyu. you were always so loud. you were always talkative. you really were the mood-maker of our class. but that day was very silent.

"today's the last day. i may not be able to see you anymore." you told me during break time. for a moment, i was confused. what were you saying? we were still going to meet because i agreed to go to your house everyday to play.

i tried to cheer you up because i do not want to see you sad and silent the whole day. we even had a small awards ceremony for the class. you got the 'most cheerful dancer' and 'friendly dancer' awards and i got the 'best dancer' award. you did not want yours but instead you wanted mine. we only received certificates but it felt like a trophy for you. i gave you my certificate because it was not really of significance for me, i just wanted you to be happy. and when you got my award, i saw how your eyes twinkled because of happiness, and i think that was the best reward for me.

we took pictures with our classmates as a group. some of them even wanted to take a picture with you and you were very happy to take a picture with them. almost all the girls flocked to you for a picture. you were all smiles and i can't help but smile at your happiness and reactions. in one corner, i was alone and the moment you saw me, you ran away from the girls wanting to take a picture with you and pulled me to be included in the pictures.

outside the building, we even took polaroid photos of us. it was the first time i had a polaroid photo and it was amazing. you gave me the picture and asked me to keep it until we see each other again. that's when i knew that you were going back to korea in a week. i thought your family were staying for good. i felt sad.

"hey, don't be sad. we're gonna see each other again. and, we still have a week to enjoy being with each other, right?" you said and tried to cheer me up.

i tried to smile. but knowing the fact that you were leaving and were not sure of coming back, i really really felt sad. i got used to being with you. how will i ever get used to you being away?