What's So Good About Picking Up the Pieces? (Vic Fuentes FanFiction)

Hey guys!! I decided to start a new story! I'm still going to be doing my other story but I had another idea so I decided to start a new one! Let me know what you guys think!!!

P.S- I do not own Pierce the Veil (unfortunately), their music, or another other artists mentioned in this story. I only own the characters and the storyline! :)

Prologue

---------

"Lyla, I'm sorry, but this is what I need to do. It's for the best," he said, seemingly indifferent.

"The best for who, Vic?" I choked out through tears.

"Lyla I'm sorry, I really am..." his voice faultered and he paused.

"So that's it, huh? 4 years of dating and friendship just thrown away?" I felt my heart break even more with every word out of his mouth.

"I don't consider it thrown away, Lyla. I still love you; I probably always will. This just isn't working anymore," he responded, showing little emotion in his voice.

"Vic....please. Just tell me what I did. Whatever it is I'll fix it. I love you so much..." my voice caught in my throat as more tears found their way out.

I heard him sigh deeply before he spoke again. "You didn't do anything wrong, Lyla. I just can't be with you anymore." He paused momentarily. "Goodbye Lyla." and then nothing. Silence.

I hung up the phone and dropped to the floor, sobbing uncontrollably.

I lost him. The love of my life was gone. The boy I had fell so hard for when I was 16 and he was 18. He left, and I don't know know why.

That day my heart shattered into a million pieces, shattered beyond repair, and I didn't think I would ever be able to pick them up again, nor would I want to.