Epilogue: Forget Regret

This is it!! Le Big Finale!!!! Enjoy! :D

~4 YEARS LATER!~

I drove towards the House of Blues in silence, gently drumming my fingers on the steering wheel to the beat of the music that played softly through the radio. A big smile was plastered on my face. I was so excited. No, excited was an understatement; I was ecstatic. Just thinking about him made my heart race, my cheeks flush, my stomach do somersaults.

I hadn't seen Vic in...a little over 2 months, now. They had been on tour for 4 months, the last 2 taking place oversees. I had missed him so much. Having him away made me realize how much I missed the little things: his smile, his scent, the way his hair falls over his eyes, the faces he makes in his sleep. I missed him more and more everyday, but I was used to it by now.

Things had changed so much in the 4 years since we got married, but I wouldn't change a single thing. If you would've told me 4 years ago that Pierce the Veil's newest album would've dropped at number 1 on the Billboard Charts I probably wouldn't have believed you, no matter how much I wanted to. I never could've imagined that their biggest tour to date, and their very first full-fledged world tour, would've entirely sold out within a matter of minutes of tickets going on sale. Yet it did. Pierce the Veil was bigger than ever, and I couldn't be more proud of my husband.

Tonight they were playing a hometown show here in San Diego to an entirely sold out crowd. It was the final show of the tour, and their final show for a while. Despite my objections, Vic had decided to take some time off for the first time in over 10 years; Tony, Jaime, and Mike had supported Vic's wishes, and they too were looking forward to some down time. Of course I was thrilled that I would get to have him home for more than a few months at a time, but I didn't want him to put his dream aside for me, I had always told him that. He ensured me that he wasn't, that the break wasn't only for me, but for him also, but I couldn't help but feel a little guilty.

I pulled up to the venue, the security guard allowing me in the back way where the buses were parked. I put the brand new car in park, a recent birthday gift from Vic, and checked my appearance once again in the small mirror on the visor. My hair, which I had long since dyed blonde again, fell in perfect waves over my shoulder. The nose ring had disappeared a few years earlier, and it still surprised me how much I looked like my old self despite the age difference.

I stepped out of the car and opened the back door slowly, careful to not wake the sleeping 3 year old slouched in her carseat. I pulled her into my arms, propping her up on my hip as her arms encircled my neck, her face buried into my shoulder as she slept peacefully. With only one free hand I managed to grab the diaper bag from the floor, tossing it over my other shoulder, before leaning far enough into the SUV to detach the baby carrier from the base, lifting it out of the car gently and resting the handle in the crook of my arm. I kicked the car door shut and walked slowly into the venue, juggling the 2 kids with ease. Parenting on my own these last few months has made me figure out to make situations like this work. I was a pro at this by now.

The security guard, noticing my lack of available hands, opened the door for me, and I walked in out of the heat, thanking him with a smile. I followed the posted signs in the direction of the green rooms, following a maze of halls towards my destination. "Mommy," Lilly croaked out, her little voice soft and coated in sleep, as she stirred on my hip. "Mommy where are we?"

"We're here to see daddy, baby," I told her, her big brown eyes immediately lighting up, her lips turning into a smile. She started chattering in my ear excitedly; it was as if she hadn't been asleep at all. She was always so full of energy, so full of life. We reached the dressing room labeled 'Pierce the Veil' and I knocked, squatting down and setting Lilly on her Toms-covered feet. The door opened and without hesitation she spotted Vic.