You Are, and Always Have Been, My Dream

Lyla's P.O.V:

"What?" I questioned, my eyes wide with surprise as I stared at Vic lying next to me.

"You heard me," he muttered with a smirk. I was practically frozen, his words replaying in my mind over and over.

"You can't be serious," I replied and he furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Lyla, why wouldn't I be?"

"Because! That's crazy!" My voice was high and squeaky; it's amazing the effect that two simple words had on me. He opened his mouth to speak but I quickly cut him off. I reached my hand out, pressing it against his forehead. "Are you sick or something? Or are you still drunk from last night?" I was trying to find any rational reason that would explain his sudden behavior.

He grabbed my arms and pushed me down lightly so I was lying on my back. He leaned over me, his chocolate brown eyes staring deeply into mine. "No, I am not still drunk, not even a little bit." He stroked my cheek lightly with his thumb, and I felt like I was going to melt under his touch. "Do you not want to?" He asked, a hint of sadness present in his tone. I let out a small sigh.

"Vic, of course I want to, I've always wanted to-" he put his finger to my lips, silencing me.

"Okay? So what's the problem?" His eyes seemed to be glistening as he searched my face for a reaction, pleading silently with me.

"Why now?" I muttered out the first question that came to mind. He just smiled at me, one of his million dollar smiles, that smile that no one could resist, especially not me.

"Why not now?" I couldn't help but let out a small laugh.

"I'm unprepared! I don't have anything to wear or...." I trailed off, getting lost in his eyes, in his smile.

"First of all: I could care less what you wear. Hell, you could go naked, that would be fine with me," he bit his bottom lip and winked at me; I rolled my eyes and laughed, shaking my head at his suggestion. "But they do make these things called stores, baby. It's quite a concept, actually. You go there and you can buy things, whatever you want!" I smacked his arm softly. Sarcasm came way too easily to both of us.

I bit my bottom lip nervously, my eyes searching his. "Are you serious about this Vic?" He inched his face closer to mine, our noses barely brushing against each other's.

"Lyla. I've never been more serious about anything in my entire life. I wouldn't have brought it up if I weren't entirely sure. But I am. I've wanted this for so long, I love you, baby. And I want this." He rested his forehead against mine and I stroked his hair, taking a deep breath in and letting my eyes fall closed.

"Okay," I whispered, my voice so soft it was almost inaudible. He sat up and I followed suit, leaning my back up agasint the headboard as he kneeled on the bed in front of me. His face brightened, a wide smile spreading across his lips, his eyes shining as he stared into mine.

"Okay?" He questioned as if he didn't quite believe the word that had fallen from my lips. I nodded my head with a smile. He leaned forward, his lips pushing against mine with such passion I wanted to jump out of my skin. He grabbed each side of my face, pulling our lips that much closer as my hands moved to his back, clinging on for dear life. "I love you so much," he muttered, his lips grazing against mine as he spoke.

"I love you too, Vic." He kissed me once more, a little softer this time, but no less passionate. I slightly pushed him away and tore back the covers, stepping out of the bed, stopping a moment to admire the view of the sunrise over the strip. I smiled at Vic as he climbed out of the bed, his boxers hanging low on his waist. My eyes found his once again and I felt my stomach flutter, my heart beating more rapidly than before. "Alright, Vic. Let's go get married."