My Worst Nightmare

Sorry if this chapter is boring! It's just a filler chapter to set up the next couple parts of the story!

Enjoy :)

Lyla's P.O.V:

I had been pacing the waiting room at the hospital for what felt like hours now. I had no idea where Austin was or what was happening; all I could think about was how I had seen him earlier. After I had reached the stage I saw him slumped against a rolling equiptment case, Alan kneeling at his side rubbing his back as he struggled for air. When our eyes met my heart broke; he looked scared, and I tried everything I could to help him, to calm him down and reassure him everything would be okay.

They allowed me to ride with him in the ambulance, and I clinged to his hand the entire time as he tried to fight the pain in his chest as he gasped for every breath. He had eventually passed out from hyperventilating, but I never let go of his hand.

They had dumped me in the waiting room leaving me with nothing but a million questions and worries floating in my mind as I paced; I couldn't make myself stop, I couldn't calm down enough to sit. I didn't want to focus on what was happening in there, wherever he was. He had to be okay. I don't know what I would do if something happened to my best friend.

 "Lyla!" I heard a familiar voice holler from behind me and I turned to see Alan running through the entrance towards me, Vic, Mike, Tino, and Phil following closely behind. Alan hugged me and I let the tears out, letting them fall freely from my tired eyes. Alan stroked the back of my head as I cried into his chest. "Have you heard anything?" He asked quietly and I shook my head.

"No. It's been a while, too. I've tried asking but no one will tell me anything, and I've been pacing back and forth trying to pass the time," I managed to choke out through my sobs. I felt Alan seperate from me, but I soon felt another pair of arms wrap around. I opened my eyes: it was Vic. I wrapped my arms around him tightly as I cried.

"I know, baby. It'll be okay. Carlile's a fighter, he'll be just fine," he whispered, trying to reassure me. I willed the tears to stop, glad to be in Vic's arms again. Having him here already made me feel a little better; I felt safe in his arms. I belonged here. He pulled me over to the uncomfortable-looking couch in the waiting room and sat us down, Vic pulling me close to him, his arms never leaving my body. I rested my head on his chest as he rubbed my back and my side. The couch moved a little as someone sat down next to me and grabbed my hand; I looked over to see the other Fuentes brother and I smiled a little as he squeezed my hand tight.

We all sat for a while in silence, the hustle and bustle of the people rushing around the hosptial fading into the distance as my mind wandered; I tried to keep my thoughts positive, but my mind had other plans. I was worried, my body tense, and Vic could sense it as he tightened his grip around me.

"Austin Carlile?" A woman shouted, pulling me out of my thoughts. I practically jumped from the couch as I made my way over to her, Alan, Tino, and Phil following.

"How is he? Is he okay?" My words were frantic as they spilled quickly from my mouth.

"He is awake, yes. I'm sorry I can't disclose any other information. Due to privacy it is limited to family only," the nurse replied sadly.

"I'm, uh, I'm his sister!" I replied, not even thinking before I said it. The boys shook their heads in agreement, going along with my plan. The nurse eyed me suspiciously before shaking her head.

"Okay, follow me miss." I looked back at Vic and he nodded his head before I disappeared behind the double doors, following the nurse down a series of halls and corridors until I reached a closed door where a man in a white coat was standing outside scribbling on a chart. "Dr. Morris, this is Mr. Carlile's sister." The doctor thanked her before she walked off, leaving me alone with the middle-aged man.