After Years of Silence, Why Now?

Hey Everyone!!! Here's another update for ya!!! The happy times are about to come to a halt........FYI I posted a photo of the dress that I envisioned Lyla wearing in this chapter, which Megan Fox actually wore so it fit perfectly! Enjoy :)

Lyla's P.O.V:

I reached down and pulled my phone out of my back pocket checking the time: 4:30 pm.

I had been shopping alone for the past hour or so; accourding to Alan there was "only so much shopping he could take" and he conned Austin into going to find something else to do, leaving me alone, which was fine.

I walked through downtown Dallas, stepping into several shops, and even taking a few pictures along the way.

I hadn't really come prepared, clothes-wise, to go out, so I was on a mission to find something amazing to wear tonight. I was hoping looking good on the outside would make me feel good on the inside; if that didn't work there was always alcohol!

I ended up deciding on a simple, strapless LBD (Little Black Dress). I found an amazing pair of tall, bright blue heels to give the outfit some color, and I also bought some earrings and a few bracelets to finish it off.

The girl in me was really coming out; if I didn't watch it I'd drain my bank account.

I began wandering aimlessly down the street, feeling satisfied with my purchases. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I took it out to see I had a text from Austin.

Loser Bff: Hey shoppaholic......you haven't been kidnapped have you? Haven't heard from you in hourrrssss....... :P

Me: Nope, your still stuck with me. I've been to busy buyin shit. I didn't have time to check in with you, dad! Hehehe

Loser Bff: Never call me that again......that's creepy!! Anyways we just checked into the hotel.....want me to come get you?

Me: Actually yes.....I can't shop anymore......I have no money :/ Hahaha I'm over on Medow Street out in front of a park.

Loser Bff: Be there soon my dear.

I put my phone back into my pocket and took a seat on a bench, closing my eyes behind my sunglasses, letting the warm sun beat down on my skin. I looked around at all of the people hustling around; I wandered what they saw when they looked at me? Could they see how broken I was? Or were they oblivious to all the pain I was hiding underneath?

"Boo!" Someone yelled as they grabbed my arm, causing me to scream loudly. I stood up and faced a laughing Austin, and crossed my arms across my chest, trying to control my heart rate.

"Ass!" I muttered, before walking past him to the awaiting van.

"Hey! Lyla! I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you!' He said, grabbing my wrist and turning me around to face him. He pouted his bottom lip out at me, similar to what I had done to him earlier.

"You make it hard it stay mad at you when you have such a cute face!" I said, grabbing his chin with my hand and squeezing his cheeks, shaking his head back and forth. He put an arm around my shoulders and we made our way to the van. I climbed inside grateful for the air conditioning.

Austin turned his Slipknot music on, and I glared at him, to which he responded with a big smile, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel in rhythm with the music. I turned my attention out the window, watching the buildings and people pass by.

"Hellooooo!!! Lyla??" I was snapped back to reality as I felt Austin poking at my arm. "You okay?" He asked, truly concerned. I noticed we were parked outside of the hotel; I wondered how long I had been staring out into space.