What Do You Want From Me?

Lyla's P.O.V:

I had been sitting in the back of the bus alone for a few hours at least. I needed time to think, alone, and luckily Austin could sense that, and he let me be. 

I couldn't do this thing with Austin anymore....whatever the hell it was. It wasn't fair to either of us, and it definitely wasn't healthy for our friendship. These things always ended the same, with someone getting hurt, and Lord knows Austin and I have hurt enough already in our short lives.

My mind kept wandering to Vic: facing him today was weird. He had just stood there and stared at me, never saying anything but letting my name softly slip from his mouth. I hadn't felt how I thought I would: seeing him brought back a lot of feelings; he was gorgeous.....he didn't look much different except for the fact that he had aged a little. His big, brown eyes were still captivating. I still missed him, I still loved him, but I was also angry. After all this time, after everything he did and everything we've been through he couldn't even say anything to me, and frankly that pissed me off.

I sighed and put my face in my hands, something I seemed to be doing too much lately. I needed to clear my head and remember why I was here: I was here for my career and to spend time with my best friend, and damnit that's what I was going to do no matter how much I was breaking on the inside. I was determined to have fun because who knows when I would have another opportunity like this again.

I stood up and walked down the small hallway, past the bunks, and into the front lounge where Austin, Alan, Tino, and Phil were seated, taking turns playing Call of Duty. I walked up behind Austin, putting my hands on his shoulders. He tilted his head back, looking up at me.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I asked quietly. He nodded his head and got up, following me to the back of the bus, shutting the door behind us. We sat down on opposite ends of the couch facing each other.

"Austin, I love you, and having sex with you is great but I think we probably shouldn't do that anymore," I said, laughing a little despite my attempts to remain serious. He started laughing and suddenly couldn't stop, a few adorable snorts making their way out. I leaned over and punched his arm. "Okay it isn't that funny!" I shrieked at him, laughing along.

"Yeah, Lyla, we probably shouldn't" he managed to get out despite the fact that he was still laughing.

"Okay so I'm turning over a new leaf.....no more mopping or crying or bitching. I'm ready to be fun Lyla! I'm ready to take some kick ass pics of your beautiful face, and I think I'm ready for that music education," I said winking at him.

"Bout fuckin time, Lyle!" He said, reaching out to high five me.

We were already back to how we were just 2 days ago before all of this, and it felt good.

I wasn't really okay, but I was good at pretending. I hoped that after pretending for so long it would come true.

"Okay so you ready to get your ass beat in Modern Warfare?" I asked getting up and racing to the front of the bus, Austin running behind me.

"Only in your dreams, darlin'," he said as he handed me a controller, grabbing one himself. I smiled as we began to play the game. Things were already looking up.

--------

Vic's P.O.V:

The interview was finally over and I got up rushing out of the building back out into the hot evening. I couldn't even pay any attention to the interview; I couldn't stop thinking about Lyla. I was confused first of all, and my mind was swirling with questions. I heard Mike shuffle out of the building, and I turned around to face him.