The Past Has a Way of Catching Up to You

Lyla's P.O.V:

I woke up to the sounds of someone moving around the bus, not very quietly I might add. My head was throbbing and the light blinded my eyes as I tried to pry them open. I stretched my arms above my head, hitting something in the process. I turned over to see Austin passed out next to me.

"Shit, shit shit, oh please no," I mumbled quietly to myself, hoping Austin wasn't in my bed for the reason that was racing through my mind. I slowly lifted up the covers and noticed I was still fully clothed, letting out a huge sigh of relief.

I climbed out of the bunk, getting dizzy as I stood up, and grabbed ahold of the wall to steady myself. I opened my eyes to see Phil standing in front of me, a cup of coffee in one hand and a bottle of ibuprofen in the other.

"Here. I figured you'd probably want this," he said sweetly handing me the steaming hot mug and the pills. I tossed back the pills washing them down with the coffee, the delicious liquid warming my insides on the way down. I finished my coffee rather quickly, and decided to take a shower so I could use the bathroom before everyone else got up. I grabbed a towel, shut the bathroom door, and stepped under the warm water, letting it fall down my body.

I stood under the water lost in my thoughts, the same thoughts that crept their way into my head every morning. I had dreamed about him last night....again. In my dreams it never ended the way it really did. We found happiness one way or another, and it made it even harder to wake up and realize that it was only ever going to be a dream.

I know I'm pathetic: it's been 7 years for Christ's sake! I was a teenager. But he was the one, I knew it the moment I met him. He truly broke me when he left me for dead, and it followed me to this day. You'd think I would hate him; actually I do, but there is still a little part of me that is in love him with, at least with who he used to be. I was working on getting better, trying to put him and everything else behind me, and honestly thanks to Austin I was better off than I was a year ago.

Time heals all wounds, right? This one's just taking its sweet ass time.

I was so lost in thought that I barely heard the bathroom door open as someone entered. I poked my head out of the shower, keeping my body covered to see Austin standing at the sink brushing his teeth.

"Can I help you?" I asked, glaring at him, our eyes meeting in the mirror. "El bano es occupado," I said, before disappearing back into the shower.

"Well I've been waiting for like half an hour and I got tired of waiting." He said, barely audible as the toothbrush was still in his mouth. I shook my head and finished washing my hair before turning off the water.

"Hand me that towel, please?" I asked as I poked my head out of the shower once more. A small smirk played at Austin's mouth as he grabbed the towel and turned to face me.

"Hmmmmmm....why should I?" He asked, his eyes full of mischieft.

"Because apparently I let you sleep in my bed last night," I shot back. He shook his head an shrugged his shoulders.

"Fair enough," he said handing me the towel as he exited the bathroom. I wrapped the towel around me and stepped out into the cool air, sending shivers down my spine. I towel-dried my hair and brushed my teeth. I shook my head at myself when I realized I forgot to bring clothes into the bathroom with me, and I stepped out of the bathroom timidly as I walked to my suitcase, hurridly trying to find something to wear before any of the boys noticed.

"Well, well. This is quite a surprise," I heard a familiar voice say. I turned around to face Alan, who was smirking at me kinda creepily. I flipped him the finger before grabbing my clothes and disappearing back into the small bathroom.