Second Chances Won't Leave You Alone

New Chapter!! Yay!!!

Lyla's P.O.V:

I reached the stage after the show had already started. I could hear the sounds of their instruments filling the air around me. I flashed the security guard my pass and he opened the gate, allowing me backstage. I spotted a group of people standing side stage, and I made my way over to join them just as their current song came to an end, the crowd errupting in cheers. I made my way towards the front of the small group, my eyes immediatly falling on Vic who was being handed a different guitar by one of his techs.

"Alright, Dallas! You guys up for a new one today?" Vic shouted into the microphone, the crowd answering with hoops and hollers. "Okay this one's called 'Bulls in the Bronx'. I wanna hear you all get fucking loud during this one!" I smiled a little as the guys prepared for the next song.

I hadn't seen PTV perform yet, nor had I gained the courage to listen to any of their music so this was an entirely new experience for me. I had heard Vic sing of course, but it had been so long I could hardly remember how his voice sounded.

The music started as the crowd cheered. Vic began to sing and my heart skipped a beat, the memories of his sweet voice flooding my mind. They guys looked amazing as they moved around each other all over the stage. Mike was beating his drums like a crazy man, Vic playing his guitar and singing with vigor. I started to dance around a little, subtly of course, as I  listened to the music.

They were amazing.

In the middle of the song the instrumental broke into a little spanish break. As Vic gained his breath he glanced over in the direction of where I was standing. Our eyes met and he seemed to look nervous. I gave him a big smile and he returned the favor, biting his lip in the process. He directed his attention back to the mic as he started to sing once again, ever once and a while glancing over at me. The song came to an end and I snuck away from the stage and began to walk back to the bus.

I needed to talk to Austin before I could talk to Vic. I had to tackle one issue at a time.

-------

Austin's P.O.V:

I had been pacing the bus for what seemed like hours, mentally kicking myself for what I had said about Lyla earlier. I had been looking for her all day, but I couldn't find her. During our set all I could think about was how I had hurt her, which I had promised I would never do.

I don't know what came over me causing me to say those things. I guess in a way I felt worthless because I couldn't even help my best friend....but that was no excuse; my behavior was unacceptable.

After our signing I got a text from her, telling me she would 'fix it and be better tomorrow.' I responded, telling her that I loved her, but I hadn't heard from her since, and I was still worried. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted her razor blade still on the counter, the blade that she had slammed down before storming out. I took it in my hands and sat on the couch, twirling it between my fingers.

I needed her to forgive me. She was the best thing in my life and if I screwed it up I would hate myself....more than I already do. I set the blade down on the table next to the couch and sighed, burying my face in my hands. I heard the faint click of the bus door opening, and my head shot up.

"Hi," Lyla mumbled quietly as she shut the door behind her slowly. She stood there for a while not looking at me, messing with the edge of her tank top. I got up and walked to her, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Lyle, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean anything that I said, I promise. I love you so much.....I'm so sorry I hurt you. I told you I never would and I did, and I'm so mad at myself." she pulled away from me and looked up at me. A single tear fell from her eye, but that was it. I wiped it away with my thumb before leading her to the couch, motioning for her to sit.