Too Good to be True

Hey guys sorry it's been so long since the last update!!

I've also been working on another new story.......an Austin Carlile one this time! I can't decide whether to go ahead and upload it now or wait until I finish one of my other 2 stories....so let me know what you guys think I should do :)

Anyways.....I've got some good stuff lined up for this story so be ready for that!

Lyla's P.O.V:

I woke up feeling refreshed and actually happy this morning. I had slept all night long in the guy's room next to Alan, and surprisingly none of them woke me or moved me when they all came pouring back in sometime in the middle of the night. I was the first one awake and I snuck back over to my room to pack up my stuff. Though I enjoyed our off days I was more than ready to get back on the road.

We had to check out of the hotel at 11 am, and the guys had a show at 2 pm and a signing at 4pm. I had a busy day of photography ahead of me, but I  was also hoping to get to see Vic for a little while.

I hadn't seen Vic since the previous afternoon before he left for his interview; I actually hadn't even heard from him, either: not a text, phone call, nothing. I was trying not to think too much into it; he was probably just busy.....hopefully.

I decided to take a shower and attempt to put Vic out of my thoughts: I had a job to think about today! I let the hot water run down my back, spending longer in there than I needed to trying to relax. I got out and put on a bra and pair of underwear before going back to the bathroom to do my hair. After blowdrying it I made my way back to the room and cranked my music up loud. The new Taylor Swift song came on and I couldn't help but dance around the room. I wasn't a Taylor Swift fan at all but this new song was my jam!! I was jumping around the room, singing to myself, dancing like a fool, just having a good time. I spun around, still singing and dancing, to see Austin standing in the doorway, his eyebrow arched in amusement.

"Ahhhh!" I yelled before running and shutting myself in the bathroom. I didn't hear anything from Austin for a minute or so, and I opened the bathroom door a crack, peeking my head out into the room to see him sitting on the bed staring back at me, smiling like an idiot.

"Someon's chipper this morning," he said comically. I smiled back at him as I hurridly ran out of the bathroom to grab my clothes before ducking back in to get dressed. After I pulled on my clothes I emerged back into the room and sat down next to Austin on the bed.

"I was having fun! Thanks for interrupting jackass!" I said as I playfully punched his arm.

"Good, I'm glad you're happy," he smiled at me for a while before his face turned serious. I looked at him, confused at the sudden change in his mood. "Lyla - I know you don't want to talk about it but I can't just ignore what you did yesterday," he finally said quietly and seriously. I exhaled deeply, not saying anything. "Just why, Lyla? Why did you start this up again?" His voice was sad and filled with concern.

"I don't know. It just happened and I felt like I had no control over myself, like I couldn't stop it. I was mad and I was upset. I'm so screwed up," I mumbled before Austin scooted closer to me and pulled me into his side, wrapping his arms around me.

"Don't say that about yourself. I just wish you would come talk to me or Alan or someone when you're feeling like hurting yourself," he tilted my head up to look me in the eyes. "I love you so much, okay, and it kills me to see you do this. You are such an amazing person, Lyla, and you don't even know the effect you have on people. You practically saved me. I was in a dark place after everything with Gielle and you were there for me; you loved me after everything that had happened, and I'm going to do the same for you. I'm not going to leave you, Lyla. Ever." He smirked a little. "You're stuck with me for the rest of our lives."