Now My Body's on the Floor and I am Calling Out to You

Sorry it's been a while since the last update!! I've been wrestling with a little writer's block for this story :/

Enjoy!

Lyla's P.O.V:

"You sure you're okay?" I asked over the phone.

"Lyla. I'm fine. I promise," Austin responded.

"And you took your medicine?" I questioned.

"Yes! Lyla I'm fine! I appreciate your concern, but everything's okay!" I slightly shook my head as I unlocked the door to my apartment and walked in. "I'll call you later, alright?"

"Ugh, okay. If you need anything-" he cut me off.

"Yes I will call you. Love you, Lyle," he said and I smiled a little.

"Love you too." I hung up the phone and plopped down on the couch. I grabbed the pile of mail sitting on my coffee table and began to slowly look through it.

Cable bill, phone bill, electric bill, water bill, credit card bill, credit card bill, insurance payment. I tossed the envelopes back on the table and rubbed my face with my hands. I hadn't booked a photo gig since I had been home from Warped, and I was really struggling money wise. My phone started buzzing and I reached for it with a big sigh.

"Hello?"

"Hi Lyla, it's Frank." Frank was my......manager, I guess?

"Yeah. I have this thing called Caller ID Frank." He laughed on the other line.

"Right. Well, I'll get down to business then. I have a few modeling gigs for you coming up this week if you're interested. I know it's been a while since you've done any, but I figured I should offer since they were asking for you specifically."

"They did? What are they for?" I asked him. He hesitated before speaking; that was never a good sign.

"Well.....they are all lingere or semi-nudes. I know you have a rule against them, but they asked for you, and that means there is big money involved, Lyla." I sighed deeply; when I started modeling I had promised myself that I would never take my clothes off. I glanced over at the mountain of bills on my table, bills that I didn't have the money to pay, and I closed my eyes and leaned my head back on the couch.

"Okay. I'll do it," I muttered. I needed the money so bad. I hated that I was going against my original plan, but I needed to make some money, and I refuse to ask to borrow money. Austin would do it in a heartbeat, but I couldn't bring myself to stoop that low.

"Great! Tomorrow's shoot is a lingere and tattoo pictorial set for GQ. 8 am call time. I'll meet you there." He gave me the address for the shoot and I scribbled all of the details down so I wouldn't forget. I hung up the call and made my way to my room; it was pretty early, but I was tired and not in the mood to do anything else. I changed into my pajamas and crawled in my bed. I contemplated calling Vic, but I decided against it and sat my phone on the nightstand.

Our relationship had been a little strained lately, and we hadn't been talking very much. It had been 3 weeks since Austin's surgery which meant the tour was almost over. Things were okay for a while after I left, but lately he had been all over me trying to get me to come back, accusing me of things that were not true, and we pretty much fought everyday. We were having more bad days than good days. With all the tension between us at the moment I figured I shouldn't tell him about my almost-naked photoshoot.....he would not be happy, and I wasn't in the mood to argue anymore.

I couldn't help but wonder if this is how it's always going to be.

--------

"Morning sunshine!" Frank greeted me in the parking lot of the studio, handing me a coffee as we turned to walk into the building.