2

instagram: @ linafics

your pov;

your parents were talking to many people, never forgetting to introduce you to those people's sons. you always smiled, trying to be as polite as possible, but when they tried getting physically closer to you, you made sure they knew you weren't interested at all. but that clearly angered your father which resulted to him sending death glares at you.

you were never close to your parents, especially your father. no, you didn't hate him, but you didn't love him either.

you were deep in your thoughts when you heard your mom calling you.
"y/n, please be attentive." she said through gritted teeth, motioning you to pay some attention to the man who was standing in front of you.

"uhm... sorry," you said bowing, then looking up at the man.
"i'm oh sehun," he introduced himself, plastering a charming smile on his face.

"good to know," you smiled awkwardly not wanting to talk more, but your father lightly elbowed you to make you understand that you should introduce yourself too.

"right..." you took a deep breath in before speaking up. "i'm lee y/n, nice to meet you," you bowed, showing him the respectful side of yours.

"can i take your daughter for a little walk before the long awaited event starts, mr. lee?" he politely asked, knowing your father won't resist.
"of course sehun." your father answered quickly, happiness radiating off him.

your dad — happy? weird.

"so y/n.." he started but immediately corrected himself. "uhm sorry, you don't mind if I call you unofficially?"
"not at all." you sighed, knowing you didn't have any other choice but entertain him.

jungkook's pov;

me and arria have already entered the huge place, my eyes spotting a lot of tables with glasses of champagne and rich people talking with the glasses in their hands.

alcohol. i hated it so much to the point where I couldn't even take a sip of it. i promised myself not to taste any kind of alcohol, because i can't control the one i'm becoming once i get drunk.

the last time I drank was the day i hoped i'd  forget but still, i just can't.

i held my girlfriend's waist while approaching the table where i saw my friends cheerfully drinking and talking to each other.

"good evening," i spoke formally, watching my friends laugh at my formality.

"good evening mr. jeon, we are honored to see you joining us," jimin bowed, making all of us laugh.

me and your friends were chatting, waiting for the big moment to arrive — the auction for l'incomparable.

it was an expensive necklace, but it was worth buying it. i promised myself to always get what i wanted —and what i wanted right now was to surprise arria with this gift.

your pov;

you went back to your parents, together with sehun. he told you about himself, and you too, told him a little bit from your life — of course it was just an act to seem like an expensive woman because your parents forced you to show off as a woman who knows her worth.

only you knew how much you just wanted to go home and sleep — it was the only thing that kept you away from this nightmare.

your whole life was a horrifying nightmare , 20 years of living for what? — obeying your parents.

you haven't done anything you actually loved, funny, you didn't even know what the meaning of love is, because you never felt it.

and you thought that till the end of your life you'll never find out.

"let's go to that table, to be right next to the auction stage." said your father, pointing at the table next to another table that was surrounded by a lot of young men and a woman.

your parents sat on their seats, and you sat across them, beside sehun. it was a bit uncomfortable because you two sat right behind other two figures. it was kind of stupid, such a big place and the tables were so close to one another.

you turned your head a little, to see who was behind you — a young couple.

you shrugged it off and returned to the discussion your family had.

"so u heard there's gonna be auctioned the most precious jewelry, l'incomparable, right?" your father asked, acting confused.

"yes, you're totally right mr. lee," sehun spoke confidently, his hand finding its way on your thigh.

you tried getting his hand off you, but he didn't seem to mind your uncomfortableness so you let him be, deeply sighing.

after all, this is your fate.

you sat there awkwardly, listening to them, until you heard the couple behind you whispering something into each other's ears: (your chairs touched each other, that close you were to them, so you heard very well their conversation.)

"arria, don't worry, i'll get that l'incomparable for you!" he whispered full of confidence.
"we'll see." she said annoyed, wanting to hide the excitement that was overflowing her.

as your parents told you, l'incomparable is an expensive necklace and you need to get it tonight. ut was very important for your family, but your parents didn't tell you why it was so important.

money again, right?

and as you have heard, if you want to get it, you need to fight a little bit with the guy behind you.

the guy who seemed too determined to get the necklace.

the second chapter i hope y'all are liking it💛