10

your pov;

the car drive was pretty calm, but a question has been clouding your mind, so you finally decided to ask him.

"jungkook...i don't feel like this is right," you confessed, trying to form the perfect sentence that could express what's been bothering you.

"what's wrong?" he questioned, eyes focused on the road.

"okay so.." you took a deep breath before starting to speak: "this necklace shouldn't be worn by me. you bought it for your girlfriend and she didn't even get the chance to wear it. i kind of stole it from her." you let it all out, feeling like a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

"shouldn't you be feeling grateful that i'm helping you? you'll finally get away from sehun and you're going to start a new life right after tonight. why do you keep thinking about her?" jungkook asked, trying to find out why you kept thinking and worrying about others when your number one priority should be your self.

"i am very grateful, believe me, but i feel like what we're doing now is wrong in so many ways," you exhaled, nibbling on your lower lip - a thing you always did when feeling nervous.

"but we didn't do anything." he simply said, not finding anything wrong in him wanting to help you out.

"let's look at this this from her point of view - your boyfriend brought home a girl, then he gave her the necklace he bought for you, and on top of that, he takes her to a super important party where they will show off as a couple. hmm pretty normal right?" after you let these words out, you noticed jungkook's face expression change, a hint of annoyance visible on his face.

"you're right," he agreed, the car coming to a sudden halt.
"what are you doing?" you quickly exclaimed, not seeing this coming. did he really plan on giving up on saving you?

great fucking job, y/n.

"you have just said that me trying to help you is a bad thing. so i'm trying to do the right thing now," he tilted his head in your direction, his eyes gazing deeply into yours as if he were trying to tell you to defend yourself.

"y-yes but..." you trailed off, feeling intimidated by his intense gaze.

"but what?" he wanted you to tell him the truth. the truth that you wanted, no, needed his help.

"what about m-me?" you stuttered, not understanding why he was playing this game. he knew you were embarrassed because of how pitiful you looked, but he wanted you to fight, he wanted you to be strong for yourself.

"what about you? say it." from the bottom of his heart he needed to hear those words. he didn't understand it himself, but he needed to hear those words escaping your mouth.

"i need you, jungkook." you spoke softly, your words ringing in your and his ears. finally, you've said it out loud. you needed him.

he proudly smiled at you, not breaking the eye contact. "keep your head up, rapunzel, don't worry much about others when you yourself need help." he said before starting the car again.

"but then i'll be selfish and-" you didn't get to finish your thought as he cut you off, saying:
"selfishness is the key to happiness."

you remained silent the rest of the ride, his words making you rethink your perspective about selfishness. and truthfully, he was right. selfishness is about firstly thinking about yourself then others, selfishness is about putting yourself as your number one priority.

after a few minutes, he stopped the car before getting out. he walked over to your side, opening the door and helping you out of the car.

"thank you." you smiled at him as he stretched his hand out for you to hold.

he embraced your waist with one hand in a protective manner, the other hand being in his slacks' pocket. you were starting to grow nervous, seeing all those cameras in front of you taking pictures of you two. were you really going to make people think you and jungkook were together? was it really going to work out?

as if noticing your nervous state, jungkook leaned in, softly whispering "shh rapunzel, don't be so nervous, i'm with you." he pulled you closer to him, closing the gap between your bodies. this moment was something you've never experienced before, a man holding you close to him as if you were the most precious thing in this world to him. it felt right, being here with jungkook, having his arm wrapped around your waist. it felt right knowing everyone here thought you two were together.

but despite it feeling so right, you still knew it was wrong. and probably, jungkook did too. or so you thought.

as you two stepped onto the red carpet, blinding flashes appeared in front of you.

"is she your new girlfriend? what about miss arria? are the gossips true that your parents are preparing your wedding with her?" someone from the crowd shouted, hoping to get answer from you two.

what?

you kept walking, ignoring the questions coming from the crowd of reporters.

as soon as you entered the huge place, the loud noises coming from outside were silenced by the formal yet pleasant melody that was heard in the whole building.

during the event, you never left jungkook's side, always smiling whenever someone asked about your relationship with him. jungkook would always say that soon you'll announce your relationship publicly, because you two aren't ready yet. and honestly you weren't bothered by the fact that all the people there were considering you his girlfriend. you actually enjoyed it.

the only weird thing was that sehun hasn't shown up yet.

you waited till jungkook finished talking with others, and decided to ask him about the only person you came here for.

"jungkook, sehun.. he didn't show up.." you whispered, not wanting someone to hear your conversation.

"he did and he's watching us." he whispered to your ear and before you could say something else, he smoothly pulled you closer to him, your nose brushing against his chest.

"what are you doing?" your eyes widened in shock, not expecting that at all.

"shh." he shushed you, his arms embracing your waist. "lock your hands around my neck," he softly chuckled, waiting for you to understand that he wanted to dance.

"he's watching us." he added and you did as told, your hands being wrapped around his neck - that making you be only a few inches away from his face.

you two smoothly started moving to the soft melody, feeling your body connect in harmony with his.

"i'm sorry." he suddenly spoke, making you furrow your brows in confusion.

"for what?"

"for this." his hot breath fanned over your skin, his lips being only inches away from your ear. and before you could understand what was going on, you felt him press his plump lips on yours, engulfing your mouth into a passionate kiss.