4

—necklace 2 | part 4 🍀

Jungkook's pov
As soon as I received Y/n's message which said not to interact with her family, the elevator doors opened, revealing a hallway with expensive portraits fixed on the walls. I stepped out of the elevator, making my way towards Mr. Lee's office.

I approached his office, debating whether i should or should not go in. The messages Y/n sent me were playing over and over in my head, my confusion growing bigger by each passing second.

But before I could open the door, I heard a very familiar laughter. Sehun.

I decided to eavesdrop on them, hoping they'd spill out some useful information.

"How's it going with Y/n?" a deep voice echoed throughout the room, making the other person present there reply with a light chuckle.
"I'm surprised myself, she didn't protest nor show any kind of opposition."
"I'm happy to hear that, Sehun." the other man said, his words being followed by the sound of clinking glasses.
"Doesn't it seem strange, father?" Sehun asked, being unsure if he should tell him or not.
"What exactly?"

After a short silent pause, Sehun spoke again.
"Things can't happen that easily. She can't just accept the fact that we're married now. Something's off and I have no idea about what could happen with Y/n and me.."

"Sehun boy... Y/n has no other choice but live with you. And it's her decision whether it'll be a happy or a sad life. And I think the whole love thing with Jeon knocked some sense into her and she understood that she can't risk his life for her happiness, and the only thing she's able to do is just to accept it. The marriage with you."

"I guess you're right, Mr. Lee. I have no reason to worry about it." after his words, they both chuckled, clinking the glasses then letting the liquor linger down their throat, the burning sensation mixing their thoughts, bringing new topics into their dialogue.

I hardly controlled myself, the desire of ripping them apart was almost overflowing the cup of control which i didn't have much power over.
I tightly closed my eyes, exhaling, trying to not let the anger get the best of me. With clenched fists, i took slow steps towards the elevator, hating myself for not being able to teach them a lesson. But I couldn't risk it. Who knows in what kind of situation Y/n might be in if I did something to Sehun.

I turned around, and made my way towards the elevator. The moment i wanted to step in, a man's voice was heard from behind me.
"Jeon?" Sehun said, visibly excited. "What a pleasure to meet you here." he said stepping in the elevator.

I stayed silent, trying my best not to kill him.
"Did you recover from that night?" he asked smiling, enjoying the whole show.
"Are you serious now?" I managed to say through gritted teeth.
"Why wouldn't I be? I want to know if everything's okay with you Jeon." Sehun said trying to sound confident, but the cold sweat that was running down his forehead was showing something else.

Fear.
Vulnerability.
Weakness.

At the sight of his nervous state, I let out a sarcastic chuckle, making him confused.
"Sehun Sehun..." i said laughing again. "How can you be so naive?" i asked seriously, looking straight at him.
"What?" he asked trying to hide the nervousness that was flowing throughout his veins.

"Do you really think you'll win?" I asked watching how he let out a shaky breath.
"I never lose Jeon. Never." he said analyzing my facial expressions.
"Remember that night, when me and Y/n were officially together?" i asked with a small smirk  plastered on my lips.
He nodded his head, waiting for an answer from me.
"It seems like you don't remember my words... so i'll repeat them, but this time, make sure to memorize them." I said confidently, fixing my tie. "How can I play a game if I already won it?"

The elevator doors opened, and I stepped out leaving an angry Sehun behind.
He was mad. Mad because he knew I was telling the truth.

Your pov
You were wandering around the house, secretly analyzing every possible exit. Just in case.

It has passed only a few hours since you were brought here and you already hated being around this house.
Each passing second was spent on thinking about Jungkook. It was the only method that helped you forget about everything. Jungkook was like a door to an another world where everything was colorful, everyone was smiling and no one knew what sadness means. Jungkook was your reason to smile, although the situation you were in was clearly meant for crying.

You knew there wasn't much time to waste, because every day might be dangerous for both you and Jungkook. You have to do something to escape from there and meet Jungkook as soon as possible, to finally explain him everything.

You went to the kitchen, where you could find the old lady and talk to her about everything.
You gently knocked on the kitchen door, in response a soft "Y/n?" from her.
"Hey.. are you busy?" you asked entering the kitchen, going towards the table.
"Not really. You wanted something?" she asked sitting across you.
"Actually yes.. I wanted to talk about Sehun." you asked being unsure if she's trustworthy.

"I'm sorry honey but I just got employed, I don't know much about him or what he's capable of, if that's what you're curious about." she said sadly smiling, understanding that you weren't here on your own will.
"Oh..." you sighed knowing that you didn't have any other sources where you could find something about Sehun.

"Don't be hopeless. As I saw, his personal driver might know a little bit about his life. You can go ask him, but please, be careful because I don't know if he's trustworthy or not.."
"Thank you...uhm.." you said trying to remember her name.
"Alice. My name's Alice." she lightly smiled bowing.
"Thank you Alice." you smiled standing up, and going outside, where you could find his driver.

You honestly doubted the possibility of him helping you, but it was your last chance to find hope. The hope which will help you gain strength and patience, and most importantly, will to fight for your love, for Jungkook.