33: Pounding heart

I gathered all my strength to pushed Eris as I followed Sophie who bolted away.

"Fuck you," I cursed at her before I leave but she just smiled in return.

She smiled because she taught she succeeded that easily.

I followed Sophie outside. The boys saw her and they got up to follow her too but I waved at them, telling them that I can manage.

"Sophie," I grabbed her shoulders and turned her to me so she can face me.

I was shocked to see tears flowing from her eyes.

"It's the first time... the first time I felt jealousy," she said, looking at me through her glassy eyes.

My stomach feels like it flipped over and over. I can't see her like this.

I promised myself I won't hurt her. I told her I can handle Eris. But what I am doing?

She felt jealousy for the first time, and it hurts because it's from me.

I hugged her as my own tears fell from my eyes.

"I'm sorry Sophie... sorry for being weak."

She didn't answer, she just continued sobbing on my chest.

The way she's crying right now, I don't think it's just about jealousy. Maybe she's thinking that it's really hard for us to stay together, and so she will leave me again.

"Sophie. Don't leave me again. Promise I'll be stronger," I softly said as I caressed her hair.

She pulled away to look at me, "Who said I'll leave you?"

Those words. Her words flickered something in me. Something that gave me hope.

Hope that she won't leave me, ever again.

"So this is how humans feel when they're jealous... it hurts."

"I'm sorry, really sorry." I muttered again, I kept on apologizing for the nth time because that's the only thing I can do.

She wiped her own tears then she tilted her head above to look at me, "It's not your fault... she is stronger than you thought."

Then she held my burning wrist as if she knew that there's pain in there.

And now I realized why she is strong like that, she's a fallen angel. She's supernatural. How can I fight her?

"Eris... fallen angels like her, they don't give up easily. I'll protect you-"

"No! I'll protect you."

I felt small by her words, and I don't want that. I don't what the one to be protected, I don't want to be weak.

She scanned my wrist and it looked fine again. The red marks were gone, even the pain was gone too.

"But I'm your guardian angel..."

"You are?"