43: Cloud 9

I opened my eyes. It was one of the best sleep I had in how many years.

I woke up to a white room, but not a hospital. It's actually a white and gold room. There's a golden mini-chandelier hanging in the center.

Few elegant paintings and a huge golden vanity mirror caught my eyes.

And the bed I'm sleeping in was soft as the clouds. It was a canopy bed with white curtains suited for a princess.

The room gave me greek-mythology vibe.

Oh shit, is it possible... that I'm in heaven now?

I heard the door opened and closed, "Yoongi, you're awake." I turned to face Sophie holding a tray with some food.

"Am I in heaven now?" I asked confusedly.

She laughed as she put the tray on the bedside table, "No. You're in my room."

For real?

I'm really in her room? In her bed?

Am I dreaming?

Sophie noticed my reaction, "I brought you here because your car ran out of fuel."

"Ohhh..." it's the only thing that I managed to answer.

"By the way, I brought you dinner." She smiled at me as she put the tray on the bed beside me.

"Thanks," I rubbed the back of my neck due to embarrassment. "But you don't have to do this. You should've just woke me up when my car died."

Lies. I wanted to be here, and I'm so happy to be here that I can sleep in her bed forever.

"Of course I won't wake you up when you're peacefully sleeping," she softly said as she sat beside me.

"Thanks for that," I mumbled and I felt my cheeks getting hot. "Are you done eating?"

"No. I'm waiting for you."

My stomach sent me butterflies. Why is she so sweet all of the sudden?

Scratch that. She's always like that.

"Your room... it's so heavenly," I told her as we eat on her bed together.

She giggled, "Thanks. Oppa decorated it, he said it's the closest to heaven that he can think of."

"What do you mean? He hasn't been above?"

She shook her head while putting some kimbap on her mouth, "He's a full human now."

"What do you mean?" I confusedly asked again.

"I told you. Both Afriel and him grew up here. And when oppa turned 18, that's the time wherein he can choose if he wants to be an angel or a human. He chose to be a human right away, not even doubting." She ate another kimbap then she continued, "That's why he never had the chance to go above."

I seriously gazed at her, "What about you?"

She turned her head down to look at the floor, clearly to avoid my eyes. "I haven't decided yet..."

There was a moment of silence.

"I wish you'll choose the right path, which will make you happy."