Prolouge

"Its okay...you're okay. Remember you have to look at me? To calm down?" His hands were shaking, his head bent down. I went to my knees picking up his face in my hands again to make him look at me.

"I don't feel good...at all" I sighed, flinching as I heard a loud bang from downstairs making the castle shake a bit.

A riot was being held at the castle doors. The guards were attempting to keep everything under control.

I turned my attention back to him, running my hand through his hair.

"I know. I know you don't. The doctor said you just have to calm down" my hands went back down, holding onto his shaking ones. He stopped shaking looking into my eyes.

"You are in deep shit. I can't wait for you to try and make all this better" He chuckled.

My eyes widen as Noah grabbed onto my wrists harshly holding me into place.

"Noah please. Now is not the time for this!" I glanced at his hands to see the blood staining onto my wrist.

I tried to pull away but he only kept me there.

"You can't get rid of me. I will always be here to haunt you. I will alway-" he stopped his grip on me loosening.

I snatched my wrists away,  getting to my feet.

"No that's not what I meant! I'm sorry!" This personality sounded desperate.

He let out another growl as his eyes flickered to yellow.

"Calm down" I said sternly. Axel was breathing heavily looking down at his bloody hands.

"Don't worry Claire...everything is going to be alright" I think that statement just scared me even more.

"We need to get you cleaned up. Maybe not seeing the blood will calm you down" he nodded slowly.

He then glanced away from his hands to mine.

My wrists had turned red. The werewolf in me had worn off as it wasn't healing and was starting to bruise. He frowned gently taking one in his hand and bringing it up to his lips to kiss it. I gently pulled away going towards the bathroom.

I went to the shower turning it on for him. I backed up, bumping into him. I turned around so I could face him. I glanced down for a second then my eyes shot back up to his face.

He took off the shorts he was given and he was naked once again. My cheeks heated up instantly, I knew by now they had to be red.

"You have seen me naked before love. It's okay to look" Liam's head tilted slightly, almost as if he was trying to get a better look at my face.

He was observing me.

"T-that was only a few hours a-ago. I-" The room was already starting to get warm because of the running shower.

Him being this close to me like this wasn't helping either.

"I thought you loved me? You meant what you said...right?" His hand came up to my face, cradling the cheek.

I could still smell the blood on him making my nose crinkle.

"I did...just, this isn't the time for this. You're not safe right now. Just...get cleaned up and I'll take care of everything else" His hand went away as he then nodded.

He turned away from me entering the shower and pulling the curtain to close it behind him.

I made my way out the door.

~

"Where is he?" The nurse looked up at me, a slight fear in her eyes.

"R-room 12" She continued to stare at me with wide eyes.

I ignored the look I was given and started to make my way down the hall. I knocked on the door gently, then slowly entered the room. Tatyana was sitting at his bed side, holding his hand. Both her and James looked up at me as I entered.

Tatyana shot up, a look of anger on her face already.

"You're Human? Then you have the guts to take care of my children? I can't even see my daughters now as they are on lockdown until he gets better! How can you hide such a secret from everyone?!" James grabbed her hand again pulling her down.

"Don't blame her. The girls are fine now. It's for the best" he managed to say softly, attempting to calm her down.

"No I will not! My mate almost died because of this little stunt! I can't believe you are Queen!" I flinched lightly at her tone.

I can't take it to heart. I lied to her. Now her family has to suffer for it.

"Tatyana. The girls have their own personal guards because I feel it is for their safety as you are here with James. I'm sorry if you feel that I am keeping them from you but I'm not. Please trust me, I'm still the same person whether I'm human or not"

"Bullshit! All humans are manipulative little-"

"That is enough! Tatyana you will take that back immediately as this woman has been nothing but kind to us. If you're going to be mad at anybody be mad at me, I knew she was human" James adjusted her position on the bed.

Tatyana went to retaliate again but then stopped, looking away from me. I frowned, the pain in my heart still present because of her words.

"I was coming to check on you James...any updates?" He sighed, running a hand through his hair.

"I'll heal and live. It was a bit of brain damage but luckily I'm a werewolf so the issue should fix itself. It'll take a few days though" I nodded, gulping.

"At least you are aware and talking" he nodded, settling back down to lay down.

"It's fine. I just get really sleepy" my feet shifted.

"I'll let you rest then. Your girls will be returned to you as soon as you are on your feet" he nodded his eyes starting to flutter shut.

I then looked at Tatyana who still hid her face away from me.

"I hope we can become friends again Tati...you know I would've never hurt your little princesses. We've grown close ever since we met and...I don't want that going to waste" she didn't respond.

With a sigh I exited closing the door quietly. I glanced up to see Damien standing there.

"Just give it time..." I bit my lip, walking past him.

It's time to figure out if the other human is really my brother.