Chapter Three

I felt like pulling my hair out. Everything is just falling apart. Again. Damn.

I started to go back towards the medical wing. I have to know the truth. I continued to get more stares from the workers as I walked through. Secretly I knew they just wanted to rip my throat out. If they did that, it would ensure their death.

I hated how differently they treated me. When I was just a normal 'werewolf' I would at least get a smile, a greeting. Now I get glares, looks of disgust.

I shook it off, continuing to make my way to the room. I opened it softly to make sure I didn't wake him up if he was sleeping. I found him to be awake, he was staring at the wall. I raised a brow waking over, his head turned to me and his eyes widen.

"Hey...how are you feeling?" He shifted in the bed.

"Better...thank you for asking" He then started to get up, wincing slightly. I eyed him curiously.

He glanced out the door, looking both ways. Then he shut the door locking it. He quickly walked over again taking a scalpel out from under the pillow.

"What are you doing?"

"We are getting out of here" he grabbed my hand, pulling me towards the window.

"Why? Anthony we are perfectly safe here. I told you I'm the Queen" he didn't listen, opening up the window. "Are you insane?"

"Are you insane? Annalise we need to go. They are tricking you just to toy with you. There is not way you are that mans mate" I pulled him back in, closing the window.

I then pulled my shirt down revealing the mark. He must be aware of what it meant right? He gasped staring at it.

"Are you listening now? Look I know you are in shock probably from all the trauma you have endured. But I need you to calm down. I need your help" he sat back down, putting the scalpel under the pillow.

"My help? With what?" I sighed sitting down next to him.

"I need you to tell me who my family is. I was finally told I was kidnapped..." he nodded, running a hand through his hair.

"Yeah you were...it was one of the main reasons dad went after the werewolves. When you were taken, he didn't rest until he could get revenge"

"Yet he never found me..." he shook his head.

"It was too late. The King had died and his life line to find you, was gone" he had a gloomy expression on his face.

"So you guys looked for me and everything huh..."

"Dad would be so happy to see you again! You have to let me take you back home, please"

"I don't know if I'm allowed to leave the castle. Right now the kingdom is targeting the castle because I'm a human. They know you are here as well, it isn't wise for the both of us to leave"

"I thought you were Queen, you can do whatever you want" He sneered. I frowned again shifting my sitting position.

"No I can't. There are some things I even have no control over. Look...if it means that much to you I will go with you. But, I will have my mate and guards with us. I'll take you home and I have to return right here" he seemed to have studied me for a minute.

He was calculating his answer it seemed. Trying to see a way to get out of the only option.

"Fine...if that's what it takes for you to meet your father.." Was he trying to make me feel guilty? It was working...

"Can you tell me anything else? Like something about you...I want to know more about my brother" he nodded.

"You can ask me anything you want"

"God where do I even start?" I looked at him again deciding on where I should start. "Do I have anymore family other than you and dad?"

He shook his head. "No...our mother was killed by werewolves many years ago. She died a little after you were taken"

So that's where his fear stems from. My mouth formed in an 'o'

"You live in the human world right? What's it like?"

"Well...kind of. You'll understand when we get there. But the human world is just, wonderful. They have more technology than wolves do, do you know what an IPhone is?" I shook my head no.

"Well it's a cellphone that can do many things. It has a screen such as a television"

"That's sounds interesting, what else do they have?"

"Well I've noticed with wolves they don't fry their foods, nor do they have most snacks humans have. The food humans eat taste so much better than the raw meats your use to" I smiled just thinking about it.

"It sounds nice. Hopefully you can show me everything when I bring you home again" he only frowned again.

"I want you to come with me. I want you to stay with your real family for a bit. We missed you so much and it's hard to see you go again" I shook my head slowly.

"If we even are allowed to go to your home...it'll be hard for me to be able to stay. I have a kingdom to run and Damien needs all the help he can get" I started to get up, adjusting her clothing as I did.

"Where are you going?" I smiled softly.

"Speaking of Damien I'm going to have to start heading back to him. Thank you for telling me the truth about everything. I hope we can become close" he grabbed my wrist stopping me from leaving.

"Is that a yes then, to taking me to our home?" He emphasized the our.

"It's a maybe. I still have to convince Damien. He's very stubborn. No promises" he sighed again letting me go.

There was a short silence between us. I continued to just study him, looking at my brother. The way he held himself was in a very proud stance, he must be a power figure in the human world. The way he spoke also had confidence. I wonder what role he plays in the human world. I know they don't have packs and stuff like that...so what exactly is he?

I started to move making my way to the door, I gave him one last look before exiting.

A/N

Ahh sorry for the wait school started back up.

How you guys liking the book so far?