Chapter Thirteen

He had to be sedated in order for him to calm down. I've never seen him like this, it sent shivers down my spine.

I watched him sleeping on the medical bed taking a deep breath. I'm shocked they were even able to sedate him. He put up such a fight, losing control like that was like letting a bull out of its cage.

The doctor was taking notes at the side of his bed. He didn't look up from the clip board as he continued to write. He's been writing for a while. It just made my anxiety go up for no reason.

"I suggest you just let him sleep it off, we don't want him anymore angsty now do we?" I shook my head. He's angsty enough.

"I don't understand what happened completely" the doctor sighed putting the clipboard down.

"The father personality hasn't come out in years. Being kept away for such a long time causes a powerful reaction within Damien" I hummed.

"So is the father technically stronger then Damien?" He nodded. "How does that work?"

"We haven't figured out how his strength immediately increases when switching to that personality"

"When will he be up?" The doctor only glanced at Damien.

"Few hours"

"Well if he wakes up any sooner let him know I'm going to check on Anthony. I haven't been there in a while."

"Of coarse miss. Take you time" I nodded exiting the room.

~

I got into Anthony's room and smiled seeing him walking. He was observing everything around his room. Picking something up once in a while.

"Hey. Your up and going" he turned to me and then his eyes widen.

"Jesus where have you been?"

"Oh you know. Heat and some things got in the way" I acted like it was nothing. He tilted his head and looked at me confused.

"Heat?"

"It's a werewolf thing, the woman go through it" he looked even more confused.

"Werewolf thing? But your human.." I sighed.

"When Damien marked me, I became a hybrid. Something about a kings bite had turned me completely" his eyes widen even more.

"O-oh..." he seemed a little off after that. His body language around me had changed to a more closed off version of what I used to get from him.

I shook my head ignoring it.

"How have you been?" I sat down on the bed calmly as he continued to watch me.

"Fine. Moving around and things. I've started visiting your gym" I nodded.

"You've had no trouble have you? No one has been an ass have they?" He only shrugged at that.

"I've been sent glares and hear whispers but that is about it. Nothing physical just yet. When can we go home?"

I frowned again.

"I don't know. Damien had-...something came up and it might take him a while before he can do anything to that extent. Sorry It might take a bit"

"Wait I'm confused. You were going to say had...what were you originally gonna say?" I shook my head.

"It's just Royal business, no need to worry about it" he shivered lightly at my words.

"Are you sure your comfortable?" I tilted my head at him.

"Comfortable?" He nodded slowly.

"Sorry but that King is, a tad bit scary. He doesn't hurt you does he?" Lets not make the human worry.

"No he loves me as, I love him. It's a mutual thing" he cringed at that. He seemed like he didn't believe me. I don't blame him. 

"I just...I really want you to see where you belong. Your real family. I've met your brothers, they came by"

"Why would they-"

"They don't like Damien much. They want you to come home with me, to see your family"

Do they not want me anymore? Are they trying to push me away from them?

"I don't understand"

"They want you to be happy Anna. They understand where I'm coming from" I shook my head and sighed.

"I'm coming back after I meet my 'family', I have too" he frowned at that. Then he changed his face to a soft smile.

"Alright then. I tried to convince you. It's fine I understand" I looked at him in confusion. Why the sudden change of attitude?

"Your sure?"

"I'm positive...Anyways I have to go to another therapy session so I'll see you later?" I was still confused finding this highly suspicious.

I decided to let it go with a sigh.

"Okay...get better" he nodded. I'm sure it's nothing. I'm just thinking it over way too much for my own good.

I sighed going out the door and shutting it quietly. I still had a gut feeling that something was off about that conversation.

A/N

Very short but it's been a long time since I've posted. Love you guys for the support 💕💕