Chapter Fifteen

I gasped waking up. I panted looking around. God my head hurts. I must've had a nightmare. I can't seem to remember what it was about. Damien had his arms around me, holding me down. I gently lifted his arms off of me, getting up and going to the bathroom.

Sweat had soaked me. What was I having a nightmare about? I must've been bad.. I splashed some water on my face trying to cool off.

It's so hot in here. Is the AC not on? What am I even saying, we live in a practical blizzard. We don't need AC.

How am I even hot? This kind of feels like the time I was in heat.

I panted as it got hotter. I whimpered as it was getting really uncomfortable. What the hell? I started to feel weak gripping onto the counter for support.

"D-Damien!" I called for him. The world around me started to spin. What is happening to me?

He rushed in and his eyes widen as he smelled the air.

"How are you in h-heat again?" His eyes flickered.

"W-What? I thought it was once a year!" I winced starting to get hotter.

"Shit...lock the door" he ran out the door and I immediately locked it. I cried out feeling the burning pain intensify. I could hear footsteps from outside the room, a loud bang and growling noises.

"Queen Claire! Open the door he is trapped" I could hear the doctors voice. I stumbled out panting. I rushed over to Axel hugging him and instantly feeling relief.

"What the hell is happening?" He struggled on the bindings and barked harshly at the doctor.

"I've only seen this a few times. The moon goddess wants you two...to complete the mating process" my eyes widen. Completing the mating process meaning he...had to..

"What's a way around it? She's not ready yet" the doctor shook his head.

"You can't get around it. I cannot go against the Moon Goddess and her choices"

"Alright...get out.." he growled again and the doctor nodded walking out.

"I-I don't understand. I'm supposed to be shifting tonight"

"I understand. But instead of that your gonna be in heat every full moon" he didn't sound too pleased with that. I wasn't pleased with that either, I was starting to get used to shifting.

"What...does this mean for us?" He groaned hearing that.

"You know where I stand with this...I want us to have kids..but I'll wait on you. You know that.. that's why I'm chained up so I don't hurt you Claire.." I thought about it for a minute, the heat seeming to intensify.

I groaned holding onto him tighter.

"If we do this...I..I want rules"

"Claire I said we don't have to-" I shook my head.

"You said this will happen every full moon. The Moon Goddess is telling us something, that's how it works right?" He simply nodded softly, his yellow eyes flickering a bit.

"I only want one rule. We stick by each other no matter what. Like a real thing, not the fake one. I want us, to start a new. I want us to see each other's good sides instead of the bad"

"I already want to stick by you no matter what. I'm willing to start all over"

"Not you specifically. All of you" my voice was a little shaky. He tensed slightly.

"But father and...and Noah.."

"I mean it. Let me talk to Damien" he nodded his eyes changing back and his posture changing. Damien's eyes looked a bit scared.

"Claire.."

"Listen to me. If we are doing this all of you have to agree. I mean it" my voice was stern. He went silent for a bit. His face tightened.

I know he was talking to the others. I know they were arguing. His hands started to tighten to fists.

I leaned up kissing him. He stopped relaxing a bit, his arms strained on the chains trying to hold me.

"Okay...they commit...take the chains off.."

"Your sure?"

"Are you sure?" He searched my face. My eyes probably held the same fear his had.

"Yes.." I weakly reached up, undoing his chains. He groaned breaking free and holding the side of my face kissing me deeply.

I didn't even feel like this was wrong. I didn't feel like I was falling into their trap. All I could think about was just him and I. I couldn't think of the consequences of giving into their poison.

A/N

Well that took forever. Hope everyone is doing well

Toodles,
Maddy G