Chapter Fourteen

I was woken up to someone petting my hair. I groaned rubbing my eyes and looking up. Damien was staring at me.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm petting you. You've been out for a while. Plus your hair is soft" I pulled away from him and frowned looking at him. "Your frowning..." he copied my frown.

"I'm not frowning because I'm sad. I'm concerned..." the headache came and his face became softer, less tense.

"Is my little Claire bear finally showing feelings of caring for me?" Liam teased smiling softly. He cupped my cheek with his hand. I put my hand over his.

"I always care about you. Stop distracting me. What happened the other night?"

"What are you talking about?" He smiled again trying to play dumb.

"Liam come on.."

"Don't worry about it. You just...did something you shouldn't. I forgive you. Just don't do it again. Don't go through his personal things"

"Don't turn this on me. You've kept the father away until now, just because I heard your medical tapes-"

"You don't know the whole story yet. You will. But...not now. I'm trying to keep you safe but your making this very hard for me" I pulled away from his touch.

"I need to know. Please... we can't keep things like this from each other-"

"Just some things you don't need to know" he spoke sternly. I gulped, getting nervous. Liam doesn't use this tone with me.

"I thought we were getting better..." he sighed.

"We were until you decided to stick your nose where it isn't supposed to be" I nodded feeling guilty as I got up, standing away from the bed.

"Your right I'm sorry...I just wanted to know-"

"You almost got yourself killed. He doesn't care that we are mates. He doesn't care about the marks" Damien made his appearance again.

"He should care. Didn't you say that if I were to die than you die?"

"He has his own agenda. He will make me live through all the pain. Just stop doing things you know your not supposed to be doing!" He yelled at me. I flinched at the tone. He hasn't been like this in a while.

It's refreshing knowing that some things never can change.

He took notice and then his expression softened.

"Claire I-"

"No I get it...I made a mistake...I'm sorry. I crossed the line." I mumbled looking away from him.

He sighed then held my hand softly.

"Just...stop being so stubborn. You don't have to know everything about me. Just like I don't know everything about you"

"Well yeah you basically do..." I mumbled looking up at him.

"That's besides the point. Me knowing things about you won't get me hurt, I'm indestructible" I gave him a, 'really?' Look.

"Yeah right. When do you get out of here?" I decided to change the topic.

"I'm free to go whenever. The doctor knows father is dormant" he let go of my hand and got up out of the hospital bed. He stretched, yawning slightly.

I nodded glancing around at all the equipment. I see a bottle of what looked like new medication. I walked over picking it up.

"I'm not gonna have to baby you this time am I?" I shook the bottle so he knew what I was talking about.

"You still believe it works"

"It calms you down at least. You need to stop stressing out so much. The more you stress the more moody Noah I have to face" he chuckled.

"He's not moody"

"He's very moody. Don't even lie for him" he hummed and hugged me from behind.

"Fine if you don't want me to stress...come lay with me" he kissed the mark making me shiver.

"So first you yell at me and now you want me to cuddle you?"

"Well you deserve to get yelled at. But I didn't mean to be so harsh.." he gently grabbed my hand leading me out of the room. I sighed leaning into Liam's touch

"I don't think you've ever gotten that aggressive with me"

"It wasn't aggressive...it was just being firm and I'm sorry if I scared you" he kissed my hand, opening the door to our room.

"I wasn't exactly scared I was just a bit shocked..." I sat down on the bed. He followed and laid down pulling me Into his arms. I curled up to him.

"Well now you know not to do it again, or anything like that" he smelled me than relaxed. I hummed petting his head.

"Yea...so when can I go see my family? The human ones.." he shifted getting comfortable.

"We still have a lot going on. I'm trying to make time and I can't give you a specific time. But soon, very soon as soon as I finish up some things. Okay love?" I nodded biting my lip.

"I understand. I'm just very, curious about what they are like"

"I'm sure you are. It's hard being ripped away from your family, I can only imagine"

"Well my life is a lie, I guess that part just hurts... the part where I never knew the truth" he nodded.

"It'll get better. Now sleep it's three am, you have a big day tomorrow"

"Big day?"

"You have another shift" I groaned.

"That just wonderful..." he chuckled and kissed my head. I sighed getting comfy to fall asleep.

A/N
Happy new year! Sorry for the delay...again. Take this as an apology.

 Take this as an apology

Toodles

Toodles

Maddy g