Chapter Eight

I'm the morning he was gone. The chains were left there. I was already starting to sweat. The heat is supposed to last three to five days.

Until then I've been instructed to stay in my room. I'm already heavily guarded as it is and now, there's even more guards. Female guards to be exact as Damien emphasized before.

It's a shame, I really wanted to check on James. He should be getting out of the medical wing soon. I also wanted to check on my brother but, Damien won't let me go to him either.

He was being extra possessive already.

I sighed, getting out of bed and wincing slightly. The burning pain was starting to increase making my body sore. I walked to the door holding myself. I opened it yawning.

"Good morning your highness, are you feeling any better?" The female guard there addressed me.

"Oh uh...yes I'm feeling better. Is it possible for some food and Damien to come back up?" She nodded her eyes glazing over. "Thank you.."

I groaned going back in my room and laying down again. I felt sweat starting to form on my forehead. I need to open a window. I went to get up, but I failed. I feel like I couldn't move.

"Relax Claire... your burning up again" I sighed in relief hearing Damien's voice. He opened up the window to the room letting the cold air in.

It was soothing, yet my body continued to heat up. I whimpered as I then felt the bed dip when he sat down. His hand went to my waist pulling me toward him. He put his nose near my mark to smell me, he growled grabbing the chain and binding  his other hand.

"You don't have to keep doing that you know...the silver hurts you"

"I will hurt you if I loose control. At least you have a chance to run away if I do lose control" I shifted getting closer to him and hummed feeling the burning go away.

"I feel bad...but thank you. You have been really gentle with me lately" he hummed shifting to get comfortable as well.

He kissed my forehead softly making the sparks erupt there. I sighed in content.

"Like I said I'm trying. You do know this is Damien doing this and not Liam right?" I nodded looking up at him.

"I know...I like this side of you. I'm always met with the brick wall rather than your heart. It's nice when I see this side" he smiled lightly, just picking up the sides of his mouth.

"I want to make this work. I really do" I nodded understanding he was sincere.

"Anyways, how is my brother doing?" He sighed, putting his chin on my shoulder.

"He's going okay. He's up and walking, the doctor is having him do physical therapy because his leg was fucked up"

"And James?"

"They got to see their girls today. He was marked off early, he was doing great" I smiled lightly at that.

"That's good to hear. I hope Tati isn't still mad at me, it was for the best" he rubbed circles into my hip, it was soothing.

"I wouldn't worry about it. She was just mad at that is all" I nodded knowing he was right yet again. "You said you were hungry right?"

He turned grabbing a plate of his signature burnt grilled cheese sandwich. He added some potato chips to even it out.

"I really need to teach you how to cook" He frowned.

"Hey I tried!" I giggled watching him pout like a child. I kissed his cheek making him turn red.

"I know you did, thank you" I sat up to eat the burnt grilled cheese, it wasn't as bad. It was able to eat it, no problem.

He sat up with me, leaning on his elbows. He watched me eat. I was glad to be getting some type of food, I haven't eaten in a day. Slowly my headache started to go away.

"So uh...this will last a couple days"

"Yes I know" he shifted nervously, obviously something was on his mind. "What's wrong?"

"Just...Nothing. Never mind.." I raised a brow at him.

"Tell me.."

"No"

"Tell Me" I continued. "I can do this all day"

"Just...I really. I really want you to have my children. I really do..." I frowned. He's been mentioning it a lot recently.

"Damien we talked about this.." I felt the headache come on.

"I know love...please consider it...your the woman I wasn't to have a family with. You'll make a great mother" he was almost begging me.

Everything he was saying was sincere. It was making my heart melt again. Stupid feelings. Stupid Liam.

"Liam.."

"Please. You don't have to give me an answer now. Consider it for me" he was giving me the sad puppy dog eyes.

Resist! Resist temptation!

"Liam please. I'm not ready for this. I already know my answer, I still don't even know the whole you. I haven't even met the fifth personality" he sighed again.

"Your right. I'm sorry...I shouldn't have brought it up.." he mumbled. He looked away from me, a bit flushed in embarrassment.

I held him a little tighter as my body heat flared up, I was met with his cool touch soothing it over. He shut his eyes taking a deep breathe.

"Tomorrow I be allowed out of the room? I want to see James and my brother"

"No your not allowed out they can come here under my supervision" he said sternly. I nodded not even bothering to argue.

"Have you been taking your medication? Have you been feeling any better?" He nodded.

"I was given a higher dosage, especially with the heat, Noah has been quiet. Hopefully, I can keep him away for a while just so I don't have to hear his mouth"

"Your just making him mad now" he shrugged still holding his frown on his face.

I looked at my empty plate of food and sighed.

Now I'm sad and still hungry.