Chapter Two

"We want her dead!"

"Disgusting!"

"Get her out of here!"

"Humans in the castle! Are they ruling over us?!"

"This is bullshit!"

I frowned staring at the crowd, hearing what they were saying here and there. The guards were able to set up a barricade so at least there was room to get out the door. Damien stood there with a glare in his eyes as he traced the crowd.

"Silence!" Immediately everyone went quiet. "If you threaten the Queen anymore you will be sent to-" I put my hand up to stop him.

"This isn't going to work"

"Well what do you think will then?" I bit my lip looking at the crowd of angry wolves.

"I-I'm sorry I was born human. I know I'm not supposed to be your Queen but, I am...For some reason your Moon Goddess chose me to be your Kings mate. I was chosen to become Queen. Now either you accept what the Moon goddess chose or you can take the fight to her. Don't bombard us for something we have no control over"

The crowd fell silent for a bit. I overlooked the crowd again, maybe looking for any sign of a response. They gave me none. I bit my lip again, motioning to one of the guards to let me back inside.

He nodded staring to open the door. I quickly rushed into the castle and I can hear the crowd go into another argument. I chose to ignore it this time, trying to get away from it as quickly as possible. I heard the door open again, probably Damien following after me.

I couldn't care enough right now.

Now everything is just crashing down at once. First problem with the whole werewolf world against me. Then there is my brother. Damien is acting up again as well. I need a break.

"Claire!" He called our for me.

He caught up to me grabbing my hand to make me turn to face him.

"What?!" I snapped back at him. His face then softened, rubbing his thumb over my knuckles.

"That was amazing...I thought you stepped up today.."

"Oh...thanks" He nodded, letting go of my hand.

"Look I know everything is going to be really stressful these next few weeks. But everything will die down eventually. Just try not to do anything rash again...aright?" He spoke calmly. I nodded crossing my arms.

"Thanks Damien. That's really sweet coming from you" He nodded as well, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

"I got an update about your brother and he's doing all right. He's starting to eat again and his wounds are healing at a steady pace" I sighed in almost relief.

"I might go visit him later on. Right now I think I need a break"

"Go ahead. Take your time. Do you want me to come with you?" I shook my head at this.

"I think I just need to be alone.."

~

Think Claire. Mom said she found you in a dumpster as a baby. If that was true then why did Anthony believe I would be able to remember him? Human baby memories can't last long can they? No it's impossible.

I have to ask her.

I don't think I'm going to be able to sleep anymore if I don't get answers. I walked out of the room, going towards the other side of the hallway. I have to know. I went up to her door, knocking on it lightly.

The door was opened to reveal Michael.

"What do you want?" I scoffed.

"I need to speak to mom is she in there?" He stared at me again then stepped out of the way allowing me to go inside. I saw her sitting on the bed, she smiled seeing me.

"Hey...What brings you here?" I went over to her hugging her. She hugged back still smiling.

"Mom we need to talk...about how you found me" Michael shut the door making a loud thud. My eyes trailed over to him to see him leaning on the door with his arms crossed.

"What do you mean honey? I thought I've told you this story already" I frowned.

"That man...the human. Is truly my brother...he asked how I couldn't remember him. How would it be possible to remember him if I was left in a dumpster as a baby?"

"Because we lied to you" Michael spoke. Tina scowled at him.

"What?" My eyes widen in surprise.

"We lied. We didn't find you in a dumpster. You were taken as a child and given to us"

"Michael!" He shrugged with a blank expression.

"Tina we knew something like this would happen. She has every right to know" My mom sighed looking at me.

"I don't understand..." She looked sad.

"I know and I'm sorry we never told you. It's just-"

"It was a secret. You were a secret. We kept you because the King himself came to us with you in his arms" I looked at both of them confused.

"Why would the King bring me to you?" Michael shrugged.

"The King told us to keep you with us then...he died. After no one returning to retrieve you, Tina decided to raise you as her own" I was taken? I could've been with my actual family but I was...kidnapped.

"I'm sorry honey. We never really wanted to tell you" I stared to get up, unable to know what to think.

"H-how can you not tell me? I thought I was abandoned, unwanted! I'm glad you took care of me but keeping something like that from me? I feel like my life is a lie" Moms expressions turned sad almost hurt.

"Understand we were under strict orders. As the Kings last request we held onto his secret" She tried to reason with me.

"I grew up on a lie. I would at least think you would tell me the truth. I guess not" I started to get up. She grabbed my arm stopping me.

"Please. You can't be mad...you have to understand it was for your own good" I snatched my arm away from her going to the door.

"I'm going to go talk to my brother now" Michael moved out the way allowing me to walk out.