Chapter Sixteen

In the morning, I felt light. I felt like I was floating, like I had no weight on my shoulders. It was odd. I normally don't feel like this when I wake up. I also don't normally wake up naked.

My eyes widen realizing that I wasn't just having a dream. Holy shit. What am I thinking?! I did that! We did that!

I trembled a bit and half his body was draped over me, clutching onto me in almost a protective and loving manner. He looked very peaceful, snoring softly. Still thinking about it I can't believe we actually...did it. I shifted a bit to get comfortable a bit but something was in the way. I glanced down and turned a bright red putting the cover over us again.

He groaned softly and instinctively rubbing his hand along my bare waist. I could feel the slight toughness and warmth of it. It only made me blush more. His eyes blinked opened and they widen meeting mine, his hand stopped momentarily.

"U-uh...good morning..." he spoke first. His voice was rough and low from just waking up.

Suddenly I'm starting to notice all the little things. Like my eyes have been opened for the first time.

"Good morning.." I felt like I couldn't talk. I cleared my throat after and repeated myself as I barely let out a whisper before. The corners of his lips curled up into a soft smile.

"You...you feel okay?" I blinked a few times zoning out a bit. Shortly after I came back to reality and nodded.

"Yeah..a little sore. How-how about you?" He gulped.

"Really...tired" I nodded. That's understandable we...did..a lot... "I have a question.."

"What's that?" His other free hand that wasn't caressing my hip came up moving some hair out of my face. He dragged his fingers along my hair and skin and caressed my face.

"Do you regret anything..?" I gulped.

"No not now.." he then frowned softly.

"Will you regret it?" A look of concern was drawn on his face.

"I don't think so" he looked a bit relieved. He kissed at the mark on my shoulder making me bite my lip. I stared at the wall for a bit more, thinking it over. He continued to kiss it his arms pulling at my waist pulling me closer to him. I hummed.

"What will your mother think?"

"My mother has no say when it comes to us. I've made that clear. Now.. I'm gonna go work out some stuff. You wanted to see your real family right?" I nodded and smiled softly.

"Really? I really get to finally meet them?"

"Yes...sadly though I do have to get up" he groaned and pulled away, staring at me as he did. I blushed looking away from his bare body.

"Is it alright if I go see my mother...well..Tina.." I heard the drawers being pulled out as he got clothes.

"Of coarse go ahead. Just, for now don't go outside" I raised a brow pulling the blanket close to me and looking at him.

"Why?" He only chuckled.

"Wolves can smell that you completed the process" the process. It took me a minute to process what the process even was. My eyes widen upon realizing and he laughed again.

"M-maybe I shouldn't g-go then"

"Oh you should. You haven't seen her in a while" he smirked slightly. He seemed amused by this.

"No I-its fine"

"Oh Claire bear, I insist. Go on now. I have things to do anyways" he leaned over and kissed my cheek. He walked to the door, quickly walking out.

That little...ugh..

~

James had an amused expression, then a smirk on his face when he entered the room.

"Do not give me that look" I grumbled knowing he could smell what I've done.

"I have no idea what your talking about. What is it, five months till I become an uncle?" He smirked. I nudged him hard in the ribs and he gasped for air not expecting that. I chuckled softly, walking past him to go out.

"S-so this is why I had to come escort you?" I nodded.

"He insisted. You know when Damien insists something it means you have to" he nodded. "How's Tati..?"

"Doing better. Kids are driving her crazy as usual. Thanks for asking"

"Maybe you shouldn't of had so many" I giggled in amusement.

"I thought I was gonna get a boy eventually" I laughed again. I feel like it's been forever since James and I talked. There was just so much going on.

"So your done?"

"Well I don't want to be...but she is. We are outnumbered" I laughed at that. He kept leading me towards Tina's room. "So...your moms gonna know...are you even ready to have kids?"

I sighed. I knew before we did anything what it could possibly mean. It just never really sunk in that I might...get pregnant.

"Well I've always wanted kids...a few months ago I would've never thought it would be Damien's. But now, I feel he's getting better with me" he nodded at my response.

"I don't think I've ever seen the King less moody than he is now. He's always had mood swings, ever since the first time I met him. Tell me, do you truly love him?" We got to the door and I just stood outside of it not bothering to knock.

I looked at James, he was patiently waiting for an answer.

"I was forced into this relationship. Everything became different when I became a half breed. For a while, I never truly understood the importance of mates. I was forced into a 'relationship'. But, I do. I love him. I might sound crazy, or really idiotic but I love him. I'm glad he's going to be the father of my children" I smiled softly.

I turned again going to open the door and all four of my brothers fell on top of each other as the sides of their heads were pressed into it, trying to spy on my conversation.

A/N

Hope everyone is healthy and safe