6. That Particular Next Morning

The next morning you woke up to a pounding headache trying to force your brain out of its place. You didn't know where you were and you didn't even remember getting home. Your last memory was of you and Alec having a conversation on Magnus' ancient looking couch. You tried to sit up as slowly as you could physically manage, not to make your headache any worse. As you looked around the room, you realised you were in the institute, however you weren't in your own room. It was more like...

"Alec's room?" You squealed in surprise and fell off of the bed as you jumped in shock. You started massaging your backside, when Alec's face appeared above you, looking down at you.

He barely opened his eyes, his shiny black hair was all over the place and his confused, sleepy expression made you want to cup his face and touch his lips with yours

He barely opened his eyes, his shiny black hair was all over the place and his confused, sleepy expression made you want to cup his face and touch his lips with yours. But as the recent light of your situation started to register in your head, you realised, that might not be the best idea. After all you didn't even know what happened the night before, or how you even ended up in Alec's room.

"What are you doing down there?" His voice was deep and hoarse. You couldn't take your eyes off of him. You have imagined his sleepy face while waking up next to him. You have imagined his rough morning voice as he was still half asleep. You have imagined every inch of his body cuddling you while he was trying to get himself out of bed. But this scenario has exceeded all your expectations. It was more than what you could have ever wished for. "Y/N." He tried again. This time successfully pulling you out of your daze.

"Yeah?" You asked uncertain if you were dreaming.

"What are you doing down there?" He repeated sitting up on the side of the bad. That's when you have realised he was only wearing his pyjama bottom. You have seen him half naked before, when you were training together and that was already a very hard task to make yourself focus. But this time, even the air stuck in your throat as you looked him up and down. "You are making me uncomfortable." He said, but you didn't care. You tried to carve every inch of his body into your mind. You didn't want to forget even the slightest details. "Y/N." His voice was firm this time and you finally realised how inappropriate your behaviour was.

"Yeah?" You repeated yourself stupidly again while finally looking straight into his eyes. "I fell." You couldn't force yourself to actually create a coherent sentence. His presence was way too powerful in your brain. However you shook yourself, took a deep breath and decided to look away. It seemed to have worked as your brain started functioning better again. "Why am I in your room?" You asked curiously. You enjoyed the situation, but you still haven't had a clue how you could have possibly ended up in his room, let alone in his bed.

"You got drunk, Y/N." He started, but he stopped as a frown appeared in between his eyebrows. "Not even drunk. You were wasted." He nodded, but it was more to himself than to you. "I tried to make you go to your room, but you have lost the key and I didn't plan to kick in your door 5am on the morning." He explained calmly while looking at you fidgeting. "Clary was sleeping in Jace's room, while Simon took Clary's room, so I had to abandoned those ideas too. I was trying to get into Izzy's room as she decided to sleep in one of her friend's house, but she locked the door and took the key too." You chuckled at his naivety.

"Right. Friend." You smirked. Alec knew what you meant, but he ignored your comment on purpose.

"So I only had one option left. I took you in for the night. Clary changed your cloths so I didn't touch you, don't worry." He put his hands in front of him innocently. Not like you would have mind anyway. More fantasies to daydream about. "But then you seemed to be very much awake, not wanting to sleep. I offered you the bed, so you could sleep comfortably. But you decided to crawl under my blanket and join me on the couch. I, then came back to the bed to let you sleep on the couch, but you followed me here too. Let's just say we were playing this game for a good few minutes. Then I got fed up, put you to bed and decided to sleep there as well. But you are very hard to deal with when you are drunk." He stated while smirking to himself. You knew he wasn't mad. You could have sworn he actually enjoyed it. But then again, unfortunately you couldn't remember.

"Did I...?" You started, but then stopped to think if you should have continued. "Did I try to do anything to you?" You asked grimacing.

"Do you think I would have slept next to you half naked on my own accords?" He asked and you went crimson red in nanoseconds. You felt your face heat up and decided to hide yourself with the blanket.

"By the Angel, Alec I'm so sorry." You whispered, but he could clearly hear you. Teasing him was one of your favourite hobbies, but you never thought you had gone that far. You heard Alec's chuckle and pulled the cover off your face until you were covered only from your nose. "What?" You asked sheepishly.

"Nothing. You were just funny." He smirked at you and you just pulled back the cover to hide yourself. You wanted to look at his handsome face and cheeky smile, but your embarrassment was greater. "Don't worry, nothing happened." He reassured you. You pulled down the cover and sat up to look at him like a mature adult, instead of hiding.

"That's not even what I'm worried about." You stated as he raised an eyebrow at your reply. "I know you, you wouldn't do anything if I was under the influence. But I behaved like a caveman." His deep chuckle made you want to burry yourself. You stood up trying to get out of the situation, but immediately regretted it when your head started pounding. You were about to lose your balance, when Alec stood up quickly and caught you by your waist. He made you stand back up, stabilising your body. You were in the same level as his well built chest muscles and you weren't sure where to look not to go bright red again. "Would you mind putting on a shirt?" You asked bravely. You didn't dare to look up at first, but when you finally did, you couldn't take your eyes off of his smug grin. You knew he enjoyed the situation and you didn't understand why. Alec was Mr. Serious. Everything had to happen by the books and everyone had to stay emotionless and serious at all times, focused on missions that weren't even in plan yet. But for some reason, he was very into the situation and it just confused you. "Why are you smirking at me?" You questioned his behaviour, but he didn't answer. "By the Angel, Alec put on a god damn shirt." He laughed out loud, but let go of your waist and went to get a shirt. "What's so funny?" You asked as you started getting agitated.

"Nothing. It's just funny to see you all flustered." He chuckled as he put on one of his black tight shirts. Your eyes widened at his reply.

"I'm happy you find enjoyment in it, however I don't, that much." You said sighing.

"I already sent an email out for a locksmith, so I'm assuming you already have access to your room." He explained and you felt like you were being kicked out.

"Next time just say it clearly if you want to get rid of me

"Next time just say it clearly if you want to get rid of me." You said pouting and took your cloths from the armrest of one of the sofas.

"You know that's not what I meant." He said gently, but even though he has tried to take it back, you already decided in your stubborn little brain that he meant it the way you thought. Without a second glance you walked out of Alec's room and headed to yours. You just wanted to take a shower, eat something and take a medicine to get rid of the pounding feeling in your head.