17. Surprise

It was already 9pm and you were finishing up getting ready. You felt comfortable in your cloths, you felt confident in yourself, and you felt ready to let go a bit. You were wearing a white crop top with beige baggy trousers which came up to your waist, along with a black belt which was hanging loose on the side. You also had a cropped leather jacket and a pair of black combat boots to go with it. Accessory-wise, you didn't go all out, you simply wore a black plain chocker, which was your favourite to be honest. 

You were happy with your choices and confidently walked out of your room

You were happy with your choices and confidently walked out of your room. You barely walked through the hallway when you met Alec. You still felt a bit awkward, because you just wanted to say something to tease him, or joke around with him. But you couldn't and it seemed to be a harder task than you expected when you made the bet. 

He looked at you and you expected him to just turn away, but he didn't. He kept looking at you longer than it felt comfortable. You suddenly remembered your conversation with Jace, about Alec's feelings, it made the eye contact even more awkward for you. You knew he was to stay behind, as he didn't want to join the party, therefore you just nodded and left him, before you could have said something embarrassing. 

Jace, Clary and Izzy were already waiting for you outside. You walked to the back of the institute, where a portal was already waiting for you, thanks to Magnus. You stepped in one by one, being pulled through to arrive to the Pandemonium. It took only a few seconds for you to enter the club as you didn't have to queue. 

Inside you met Magnus and greeted each other with a friendly hug. You ordered the first, the second and the third drink. You were tipsy, but was still in control of yourself. Jace and Clary danced together, completely forgetting about Izzy and you. But you didn't mind and you and your parabatai happily followed the rhythm of the music, not caring about anything else. However you needed some air and decided to exit at the back of the club for a few minutes. 

You took a deep breath and let it out. It was a bit chilly outside, but you didn't mind. It helped you clear your mind. The music was blasting from inside so you decided to close the door behind you. The walls were soundproofed and as soon as the door closed, you couldn't hear the music anymore. You laid forward on the rail of the staircase, relaxing. However it didn't take long, before you realised something wasn't right. You barely heard it, but it sounded like someone was moaning. At first you chuckled at the thought of some passionate couple making out in the alley, but soon you had to second guess your thoughts. It sounded more like someone was moaning weakly, painfully. 

You walked down the stairs and followed the quite sounds. You looked into every alley that came into your view but you haven't seen anything out of the ordinary. That is until you reached the end of the street. You saw a figure hovering above another. The person laying on the ground seemed to be half unconscious from the way his limbs spread out on the concrete. 

"Hey!" You shouted. The figure above the man snapped his head towards you. You didn't have to think twice before pulling your daggers out of your jacket seeing blood dripping of his fangs. He started towards you without hesitation. You didn't waste time either and decided to take control. You started running and threw your dagger towards him, slashing his throat before he could even get near you. His body fell on the ground lifeless. You thought it was over, but you couldn't have been any more wrong.

Another man appeared in the opening of the alley where you entered. The moon's bright light shined back from his fangs and at that time you knew. You accidentally got involved in a situation, which you shouldn't have. Many shadowhunters have tried to end their attacks, but none has been successful so far. 

"Shit!" You ran towards the man standing at the end of the alley, but as soon as you got close enough, he disappeared. "Shit!" You muttered again. You took out your stele and activated your speed rune. You felt yourself powering up. It was as if a whole new person has become of you. You looked around to search for the vampire, but he didn't show. You walked slowly and cautiously before you spotted him sitting on one of the staircases looking down at you. 

"You smell good

"You smell good." He said chuckling. You wanted to throw up. You liked most of the Downworlders, you never judged them for who day were. You thought it was hypocritical. But the rouge ones always pissed you off. They brought bad name for the rest of their members. 

"Smell as much as you want, you will never fucking get any of it." You spat in disgust, but his grin grew bigger.

"I guess, we will see about that." He replied licking his fangs. You grimaced at his reaction and started towards him. This time, he couldn't disappear that quickly as your rune was helping you to catch up. You caught him off guard for a second and slashed his arm, but he just changed position quickly. Even with your rune, you still felt slow compared to his speed. "You are fun." He said appearing behind you. Before you could have even reacted, he got hold of your arms, making you drop the daggers. He held you with both his arms around your body. You wanted to hit him, spit on him, stab him, but you were unable to do any of them. He slowly leaned over your neck and licked it. "God, you smell so good." He whispered and you felt your stomach turn upside down. 

"Die, you asshole." You screamed at him.

"Happily, if you stay in my arms." He cooed, but it was making you more and more uncomfortable. You heard silent steps coming closer and closer and you started struggling to get out of the vampire's hold. "I guess we have got company, my dear." He licked your ear.

"Y/N!" You saw your parabatai appear in the back of the alley. "What the hell?" She realised the situation. She was about to start an attack, but...

"If you don't want your little friend's throat to be ripped out, you will stay put." He hissed in anger. Izzy didn't have a chance, but to stop before even starting. "I think, this will be the ending of our pleasant evening, but dear Y/N, we will definitely meet again." He kissed the nape of your neck, before disappearing. Izzy immediately ran to you while you were still looking behind yourself, searching for the vampire. 

"Y/N, are you okay?" Your parabatai asked worriedly. 

"I will find him. I will find him and kill him myself." You whispered dangerously. You walked up to the body laying on the ground, to check for pulse or any sign of life, but he was dead. You looked up at your parabatai and shook your head.

"Let's go home." She said after checking out if you have suffered any injuries. 

"Hell no!" You replied. "I need some drinks." Izzy was confused at first, but she understood you. 

"Fine." She sighed. "Let's get something for your thirst." She chuckled, trying to lighten your mood.

"Do not ever use that word around me." You pushed her jokingly while walking back to the Pandemonium.