10. The Unexpected Date

It was 7:10pm and you were already late. You were supposed to meet your date at 7pm sharp, but you took too long to get ready. And you didn't understand why. You were wearing a simple black choker bodycon dress, your usual black ankle boots and white leather jackets. Your make up was consisting of mascara and black eyeshadow. You just couldn't understand what made you late, but it got you annoyed.

You arrived to the meeting point, which was a simple bus stop in the heart of Brooklyn

You arrived to the meeting point, which was a simple bus stop in the heart of Brooklyn. You didn't see anyone and even if you tried to look for the person, you had no idea how he looked like. While you were waiting you were reading the timetable on the side of the bus stop. When you finished, you started reading the advertisements taped to the glasses. You looked at your phone and you realised your date has been late for over 30 minutes. "Maybe something urgent came up." You thought so you decided to wait a bit longer. You started playing Sudoku on your phone at first, but when you got bored of it, you chose to play with a game called Block. When you got tired of that too, you started looking around the streets wishing to see at least a mundane, but it seemed awfully empty even for a Sunday night. 

You started walking around the bus stop just to pass the time. But it seemed like time has stopped and forgot to inform you about it. 

You heard a loud banging noise coming from the alley behind the bus stop. You immediately reached for your dagger in your bag. You wanted to get your stele as well, but you couldn't find it. That's when you remembered leaving it on top of your table. You quickly scolded yourself for being so dumb, but you didn't take too much time to do so. Slowly you walked up to the narrow street and looked into it. You didn't see anything but the light of the other street at the end. You walked in, to have a look around. 

As you started getting closer to the other side of the alley, you felt a strange smell. A strong, dark, garbage-like smell you knew too well. Before you could even react you felt heavy breathing coming from behind you. You turned around immediately, but it was too late. The monstrosity of creature growled at you and with a simple slap threw your body to the wall. You were in pain, but you just ignored it and threw one of your daggers towards the heart of the demon. To your surprise, he avoided it. He seemed like a low-rated demon and it concerned you that he got out of your dagger's way so easily. You started running towards him to stab him, but once again you missed. You started getting frustrated.

His big claws however didn't miss and they ended up ripping into your dress, leaving bloody claw marks on your body. As you didn't have your stele you were unable to use any of your runes. You had to endure the pain until you killed that bastard. Once again you attacked him. You focused on his leg to slow him down. You stabbed your daggers into each of his legs which caused the demon to scream in a high pitched noise. You pulled out your weapon from his body and without wasting time you picked up the other dagger wedged into the wall. You quickly turned around and this time you focused your weapon on the back of his leg. He let out another painful cry, but you didn't stop. You raised your dagger above your head and with full force, you stabbed into his heart. He tried to turn around to attempt a last attack on you, but he wasn't successful. He fell on the ground, but still didn't give up. He tried to crawl towards you, until he finally grabbed hold of your ankle. You tried to shake it off, but you couldn't. At last, using your other leg, you kicked him on the head. When his body turned into ashes, you knew it was finally over. 

You looked down on yourself and sadly realised that your dress was ruined, your white jacket was covered in blood and you were still bleeding. You wanted to get on a bus and just get back to the institute, but you knew that you couldn't actually get on the bus in that state, so you decided to just walk home. 

Walking back towards the bus stop, you still haven't seen anyone. You felt in a way disappointed for thinking too much into it, and betrayed for being left to wait for nothing. You tried to walk through the small streets and dark alleys not to meet mundanes as in your state it wasn't the best idea for them to see you. 

When you finally arrived to the Institute, you only had one thought. Bed. You knew you had to shower and heal your wounds, but you only wanted your bed in that moment. As you walked in the door and closed it behind you, you straight away met the eldest Lightwood sibling.

"Y/N?" Alec asked looking up and down on you. "What happened?" His eyes grew bigger in confusion.

"I had some unexpected encounter with a Damon." You explained while waving it off as if it was not important.

"Were you attacked?" He asked bluntly. 

"Erm.." You started and looked down on yourself. "I think my state gives you a quite obvious answer, don't you think?" You chuckled.

"It's not funny. The lacerations on your stomach..." He pointed at the middle part of your body. "Why didn't you heal yourself?"

"I forgot my stele on my table." You said while shrugging.

"What did you just say?" He raised his voice, but just enough so it wouldn't be too obvious for the others working in the hall. "Are you really that stupid? You could have died." He hissed in anger. His behaviour confused you and you just couldn't place it anywhere. 

"Well I clearly am fine and I don't think I have risked the Institute or the Shadowhunters." You explained in frustration. "If anything I only risked myself, so I don't get why you are having a go at me." You shrugged your shoulders. 

"You just explained my problem. You risked your life." He growled and you have never seen his eyes so dark.

"Awww, you are worried about me?" A huge grin appeared across your face. "Aren't you sweet?" You stepped closer and pinched his cheeks in the way your grandma did it to you when you were little. Your mood has been lifted and you didn't even care about your date not showing up anymore.

 Your mood has been lifted and you didn't even care about your date not showing up anymore

"Of course." He sighed. "You are like my sister." Your smile disappeared in seconds and a bored expression replaced it.

"Well, that ruined the moment quickly." You said in an annoyed tone. He just shook his head. He knew what you meant even without asking. He always tried to avoid the conversations about your feelings. "I guess I am going to put myself away for tomorrow. B-bye" You waved at him and walked to your room to heal yourself and clean off the dirt from all over your body.