14. Hidden Feelings

"The winner of the 1st round is Y/N." Jace shouted joyfully. You smirked at his comment, but offered your hand to Alec to help him get up. He just pushed it away and got up as quick as he could on his own.

"Someone is a sore looser." You laughed, but you could see how badly it affected him, that he lost. Especially to you. He didn't really lose to people, as usually it was him who won the fights. Occasionally Jace could beat him up, but even that didn't happen often. The fact that you won against him, however made him even more determined and pissed off. You had a bad feeling all of a sudden.

"Oh what is happening here?" Izzy walked in the room along with Clary. Clary sat down next to Jace, while Izzy stood still looking at you in confusion.

"They are fighting." Jace said simply, getting a frustrated look from Izzy. She obviously wanted to know more. You just chuckled at her reaction. "I will explain while they are fighting." He continued, to make your parabatai feel at ease. "You two, next round." He instructed.

You went back to your positions again. This time Alec's attacks were way more powerful. You could defend yourself, but you were unable to find the opportunity for a counter attack. He has tried to find all the essential points to cause you to go down, but you were strong enough not to let him. Compared to the previous fight, it was going way longer. You could hear Jace, Clary and Izzy whispering at the background, but you couldn't concentrate on them, if you wanted to win. You were getting a bit tired even though usually your stamina was spot on. And to be honest it didn't help that the Lightwood was standing in front of you still half naked and sweating over you, only inches away. 

As that thought crossed your mind, as if you have lost focus, Alec started an attack on your thighs, which made you fall over, almost facepalming the mattress

"One and one I guess." Jace said in the least enthusiastic way. And even though you lost and you were on the floor laying in the least feminine way, you let out a silent chuckle. It was funny how he was indeed on your side instead of his parabatai.

"Love the support." Alec rolled his eyes in response. A cheeky smile appeared on your face at Alec's sarcasm. You just loved that side of him. Even if you had nothing else in common, at least sarcasm was there.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's get this thing over with." Jace said. You saw Izzy and Clary getting up and walking away. You were slightly confused until Izzy turned back around and looked at you.

"I have a few things to take care of Y/N, but if you lose, I will torture you." She had a huge grin spreading across her face at her own words. You returned the gesture and slowly nodded in agreement.

Alec and you stood in position for the last time. You were at a tie and you wanted this win more than anything in a while. 

You attacked first, but without a problem Alec turned it around and you ended up in a defensive position. He went full on, not even caring about hurting you. You didn't want to give up though. As much as it was painful to see how much he wanted you to stop harassing him, you were not the type to give up. But you knew if you lost, you had no choice. You always kept you words. He quickly moved behind you, and you had to duck down as he almost hit you on the face with the wooden stick. It could have hurt bad. You tried to hit his leg, but he reacted quicker and stopped your attack just in time. You have tried a couple of times again, but your efforts seemed to be unsuccessful. You didn't even realise when he disappeared from in front of you and reappeared behind you pulling your legs out and making you fall over. You hit the mattress with your fist in frustration. 

"I guess, I won

"I guess, I won." Alec said proudly but in such a cocky way.

"I guess, you did." You got up and tried to smiled whole heartedly but it was more painful. "Well done." You congratulated him and decided to just leave. You picked up your training bag from the bench and started walking outside. Jace quickly ran upto you and stopped you.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, trying to avoid Alec to hear his words. 

"Of course, don't worry about me. This is not the first time I've lost." You chuckled.

"You know that is not what I meant." You put your hand on his shoulder and this time your gentle smile was genuine. 

"Jace! I did everything I could to win. But unfortunately I couldn't win at the end. I made a bet which I lost. It's nothing special. I will still like Alec, I will just stop acting like a 15 years old fangirl with a brain injury." You chuckled at your own words. 

"Exactly that is my issue. That lively person is you. That's your personality. Will it not be hard to give that up?" Worry clearly showed in his voice.

"Jace, believe me. I am completely fine." You ruffled his well made hair, which he took in by surprise. 

"Hey!" He pushed your hand away.

"Don't worry about me." You winked at him. "I'm a strong girl. It was just a bet. It will not affect me in any way, other than shutting my pretty little mouth when I should have done so a long time ago." You grinned at him to reassure him that you were completely fine.

"Just let me know, if you need anything." He sighed.

"Actually there is something." You stated. "Stop worrying about completely unnecessary things. I'm all good and you need to stop overreacting." You pushed his shoulder in a jokey way. "But thank you though. Much appreciated." 

"Are you coming, Jace?" Alec interrupted you. Jace looked at you for a last time and walked back to his friend. You however just continued on the way out.