24. Resistance

You were running on the treadmill for about an hour, but your lungs didn't seem to mind. You activated your stamina rune a while ago to be able to train more, but you did feel it wearing off slowly. You decided to do something else. You walked to the bench where you left your training equipments, along with your towel. You wiped off the sweat from your body and grabbed your bottle of water to rehydrate yourself. You took your phone out of it's holder on your arm which you have used to listen to music while exercising and that's when you realised you were late. You knew that Alec would be angry as he always was when someone was being inaccurate. You threw all your items into your bag and started running towards the hall.

When you arrived an angry looking Alec was waiting for you along with 4 pair of curious eyes.

"Sorry, time flew by." You said and instead of standing next to Alec as usual, you decided to stand at the other end of the table.

"Next time get here on time." Alec said with a serious tone. However you were way too angry at him and you couldn't care less about his problem.

"Look at this face." You pointed at your face casually. His facial expression changed to a curious one. "It's says I don't give a damn." You spat in anger.

"Excuse me?" He asked in surprise at your rude behaviour.

"You are excused." You replied, completely ignoring your friends' worried eyes.

"If you continue this behaviour, I will not allow you on missions

"If you continue this behaviour, I will not allow you on missions." His voice clearly showed unwanted frustration.

"Oh, now we are blackmailing, are we?" You questioned his use of power. "Well guess what?! If you don't let me go, I will just start a one person mission." You replied shrugging your shoulder.

"I recommend you to think before talking." He hissed in anger.

"I recommend you to stop nagging me and talk about the mission, or else we can stand here all night long." You grimaced.

"Enough!" He said. "Leave!" He pointed towards the corridors.

"Are you sure?" You asked, because you knew if he didn't let you go, you would indeed go on a one person mission. "Think twice." You advised. He sighed deeply before he talked again.

"Out! Now!" He said firmly, not even looking at you.

"Very well." You replied, while picking up your trining bag from the floor. "Just don't forget what I said." His eyes immediately snapped up, looking straight into yours.

"Don't dare to go on a mission alone." He warned you, but you just shrugged your shoulders and grinned.

"Do I look like someone who will listen to anything you say?" You chuckled with a devilish tone to your voice. "You will have to kick me out, then." You could feel your friends tensing up next to you.

"What are you talking about?" He was frowning deeply.

"I will not listen to someone who is unable to make a decision." You answered without a single care in your voice. Alec walked over to where you were standing, got hold of your arm and started pulling you away to one of the empty rooms.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" He asked, letting go of your arm and pushing you to the doorframe.

"First of all, don't touch me." You said with a warning tone. "Secondly, don't ever dare to drag me around." You continued in a calm manner. "Thirdly, you have known me for a long time. You know how I can be when I don't want to do something. We were in a good relationship because I liked you, so I went along with everything you asked of me. But you always knew that I liked to go against decisions I didn't agree with. Well guess what?! Now you will see how resistant I can be when I actually don't like someone." You whispered hissing through your teeth.

"Are you doing this because of what happened? Can't you be more professional?" He growled stepping closer to you. However you had no way to move as your back was against the doorframe.

"Erm... nah." You knew you were childish, but you didn't care.

"So you would risk your life, just so you can go against my decision?" He gasped in surprise.

"You see, I wouldn't have to go against your decision if you didn't single me out. I was only 15 minutes late, because I was training and forgot about the time. But no, you had to have a go at me for it." You crossed your arms in front of your chest like a sulking child.

"I would have done the same to everyone." He replied in disbelief.

"Well, not everyone is mentally unstable now, so I guess, it's still your fault." You replied shrugging. He started massaging the back of his neck to release some tension.

"Can we just go back and act like nothing happened? No remarks, no comments, just discussing the mission

"Can we just go back and act like nothing happened? No remarks, no comments, just discussing the mission. Can you do that?" He asked trying to act calm.

"I certainly can." You replied simply.

You walked back to the hall and took your place once again. You put your bag down on the floor and started listening to Alec talking about your second attempt to kill those vampires who have been causing issues around the city. It took you a great deal of energy to stop yourself from barking at him for everything you didn't agree with, but before talking and making a suggestion, you just kept taking deep breaths.

You decided to get the mission over with on the following day at 8pm sharp, as soon as the sun went down. This time you were planning to attack from above, not to let them surprise you on the ground. Alec has already called Magnus and asked him for a portal for easier transportation.

As soon as the meeting finished, you took your stuff and started walking to your room. You saw your parabatai trying to talk to you, but you just didn't have the will to do so. As soon as you reached your room, you closed the door behind you, you pressed your back to it and slid down on the floor, getting lost in your thoughts.