20. The mission

It was already 8pm, the sun has just gone down. You were outside armed and all ready to hunt some vampires. Alec has asked Magnus to create a portal which you have used to arrive to the city centre. You have not seen or heard anything suspicious, but you had to be very careful. All of you were looking around searching for some clues, something out of the ordinary. It didn't take long to find a dead mundane behind one of the bins. His skin turned grey, while a bit of blood was still dripping from his neck. He wasn't just drained, but it seemed his neck has been snapped. 

You continued to go forward where you have found another body. Jace went to check for pulse, but soon enough he shook his head. The other mundane was dead too. You barely walked a few meter since you have arrived, but you have already found 2 dead bodies. Alec pointed towards another small street, indicating to follow him. Clary and Izzy were occupying both of his sides, while Jace followed close behind. You stayed back a bit and kept looking backwards. You felt something strange, but you couldn't explain it. 

You followed behind as Alec decided to take another turn. You looked around for any suspicious activity, but you've seen or heard nothing. As the others turned, but you were still on the other street, you heard a silent thumping sound. You were about to turn around, but you were too slow. You felt arms wrapping themselves around your body, making you unable to move. 

"I told you we would meet again." You heard the familiar voice whispering in your ear. "I was already missing your scent." He licked your ear. 

"You are disgusting!" You growled and tried to get out of his hold. You were struggling. You were kicking, shaking, rolling around in his arms, but he didn't budge. 

"You are a feisty one." He stated while a smug grin appeared on his face. "I like it." He chuckled joyfully. 

"You disgust me!" You hissed in anger. "Let me go." You demanded, but he didn't listen. 

"Now, now, that wouldn't be fun, dear." He laughed. "This is way more interesting, don't you think?" He placed his fangs over your neck and started moving them up and down on it as if he tried to tease you. But you didn't find it pleasing at all. 

"I will throw up." You spat in anger and tried to move unsuccessfully. 

"It can't be that bad. I am such a pleasant vampire. Let me show you." Your eyes widened. You knew what he meant. He sank his fangs into your neck painfully. You have heard from many people how ecstatic the feeling was, but you didn't feel it. You screamed in pain as his fangs dug deeper in your vein. 

"Y/N." Alec appeared from the end of the street, but you started losing consciousness. He was sucking your blood in such a fast pace, you couldn't catch up to realise that you were losing too much blood. You saw Alec pulling his arrow out and ready to shoot.

 You saw Alec pulling his arrow out and ready to shoot

"Stop!" The vampire said from behind you. "You can try to shoot me, but it will only take a second for me to rip her vein out." He stated calmly. You could see Alec debating, although your vision kept failing you. He was frustrated for being unable to make a decision and being out of control. But he slowly started lowering his arrow. "Good boy." He chuckled.

"Let her go." Alec hissed in anger.

"Now why would I do that? She smells so good." He sniffed into your hair. "And tastes even better." He licked the two holes on your neck. 

"Leave her alone." Alec shouted on the edge of losing control.

"Let's say I will let her go, what do I get in exchange?" He pulled you closer. 

"5 more seconds before I kill you." Alec growled in anger.

"You are not good at negotiation." He stated while shaking his head. You were trying to stand, but you felt your power leaving your body. The vampire's arms were the only stability you had in that moment. "I think you should make a very quick decision. She doesn't seem to be in the best shape." He chuckled.

"Let her go." Alec shouted at the vampire, but he just chuckled at his anger. 

"Fine, on one condition." He said. "You will let me go." 

"In no way that would happen." Alec replied raising his bow again. 

"Are you sure?" He asked, while pulling your body in a standing position. "Tick... tock..." He laughed. "Time is not on her side." 

"Go!" Alec shouted. "You have 5 seconds to let her go and leave before I rip your head off." Alec warned him and he didn't have to say it twice. He let go of your body and disappeared while you fell on the ground. "Y/N." He ran to you. You could barely see his face and you were completely unable to react. "We have to take her back." You felt lifted up while your head met his hard chest muscle. 

"Do you want us to go after him?" Jace asked, but he already knew the answer. 

"Not now. Let's go back." He said and after Clary called Magnus to ask for a portal, you went straight to his house. You were almost unconscious, but you could still feel being placed onto something soft. You heard Magnus' voice from afar, but you couldn't understand what he was saying. You felt some weird herbal smell, but you were unable to recognise the smell. You felt like all of your senses have given up on you. You only wanted to sleep, you didn't wish for anything else. Soon enough you started feeling your eyes getting heavier as Magnus was murmuring something in the background. It almost felt like his soothing voice was the one that pushed you towards the darkness. At first you tried to keep away, you didn't want to enter. But it was too difficult. You gave in.