34. Blissful moment

Days passed by as you were recovering in the infirmary. Each and every Shadowhunter friend of yours have visited you. You felt well enough and you didn't want to stay there anymore. When you woke up again and again, it was so much easier to open your eyes. It was like after a good night's sleep. You slowly sat up. You felt soar, but you did not feel the pain you had, when you were captured. 

You looked around to see an IV tube connected to your vein at the top of your forearm and an ECG machine which was carefully checking your heart rate. You pulled out the IV from your arm and removed the ECG patches connected to your chest. The machine started beeping, but you just pushed the red button on the side and it shut down.

You stood up and saw that you were wearing a hospital gown. You didn't mind and decided to leave. The halls were empty and it was darker than usual. You walked towards your room as quickly as you could, but your soar body kept slowing you down. Finally as you arrived to your room and opened your door, a surprised hitch left your lips. You stood in the doorway looking at two bodies laying across on top of your nicely done bedding. Alec was laying on his back, his arms locked under his head, while Izzy was in a fetal position next to her brother. You had to look at your door to see if you were indeed in the right room and you were.

You walked up to the figures to see how deeply they were in their dreams. A slight frown appeared on Alec's forehead while Izzy was silently whimpering. You had to smile at the sight warming you up. By the Angel, you loved them to death.

You walked up to your wardrobe, opening its door as carefully as you could, pulling out a white shirt and black sweatpants

You walked up to your wardrobe, opening its door as carefully as you could, pulling out a white shirt and black sweatpants. As you turned around, you suddenly felt lightheaded. On a side note, you dotted down in your head to slow down a bit. You weren't back to normal just yet, even though the Silent brothers patched you up quite well.

You walked up to your bathroom and closed the door behind you with a content sigh looking at your two favourite people. The shower was amazing, like your body reactivated itself once again. You took about 20 minutes in the steaming hot room, cleaning yourself and washing your hair, but most of all enjoying the hotness. You dried yourself, changed into your cloths and brushed your still wet hair to be able to put it up in a bun. It was always a mess anyway.

As you walked out, you saw Izzy and Alec sleeping in the same exact position. You loved the sight of it but you also got annoyed. They were supposed to wake up. You weren't the loudest person, but you didn't walk around on tip toes and they were shadowhunters always ready to fight. But then you knew they have not slept much which made you feel guilty for your previous thoughts. Your head was a mess of silly thoughts to be honest. You sat down at the end of the bed, turning towards Izzy and Alec with your legs crossed under you.

They were so calm, so out of it. Like there was no weight on their shoulders. You were glad that you saw them being carefree, even if it meant they were only that in their dreams. You shuffled a bit to get yourself more comfortable.

"Stop starring." You heard Alec's deep horse voice, recalling the first time you heard it when you woke up, hangover in his room. You chuckled at the thought. It seemed like it's been ages since then. "You shouldn't have left your room." He continued slowly opening his eyes.

"I didn't. I am in my room." You giggled happily at your own comment. He scoffed at your remark, but he couldn't hide the happy grin spreading across his face. He sat up to be in the same level with you.

"I see you are feeling better." He caressed your cheek with the back of his hand and you wished he didn't. The care in his eyes and the soft touch of his hand, sent a sharp pain through your chest. You promised to act normal and give up on your feelings, but he definitely didn't make it any easier. You blushed at his touch. The dim light of the bathroom wasn't enough to overpower the darkness, reassuring you that he couldn't see it.

"I am brand new." You replied with a soft chuckle.

"I'm glad, Y/N." Your name rolled off his tongue so easily, it was almost illegal. You heard a shuffling sound coming from next to you and you looked at Izzy's opening eyes.

"What are you doing here?" She asked in surprise.

"As far as I am aware, it is my room after all." You giggled at her weird reaction.

"Yeah, but

"Yeah, but..." You simply cut her off.

"I'm feeling fine. Bit soar, but other than that, I'm all good." You replied with a slight nod. She gave you a bone-breaking hug as if she was about to lose you. "Not that well." You chuckled, frowning at the pain returning.

"I'm sorry." She jumped back.

"It's fine." You ruffled her hair. You knew how much she hated it. She huffed in annoyance, but didn't say anything. You looked at Alec who was about to stare a whole in your face. His gaze was so powerful, that you could have sworn it was burning your skin. You looked into his eyes and they seemed different in a weird, confusing way. You had no idea what was going on.

"I'm going back to my room, guys. Enjoy yourselves." She chuckled and your brows pulled together involuntarily. Before you could have said anything, she was out of the door, closing it behind her.

"What is her problem?" You asked in confusion.

"She is Izzy." He replied casually, placing his palm on your face, stroking your cheek with his thumb. "You should have listened to me." He said and you just rolled your eyes in reply.

"Yeah...yeah." You shook your head. "How long will I be listening to that?" You asked raising an eyebrow at his behaviour.

"For as long as I live." He stated grinning.

"Lucky me." You stood up scoffing. You wanted to turn on the light, but he stopped you by grabbing your wrist and pulling you back on the bed. You fell on him, straddling him accidentally. A blush crept up around your cheeks, feeling completely and utterly embarrassed at how clumsy you were. "Sorry." You whispered while trying to stand up, but he pulled you back by your waist, holding you on his lap.