Chpt. 1

Hermione Lestrange pov.

They were telling me the truth.  I can tell by the look in their eyes.  Full of saddness and pain. 

My real name is Hermione but I am a Lestrange. 

How can I face Harry?  Does he already know the truth?  Is he blind about who I am just like I was?  What about Ron?  Does he know who I am?

My family, my life and my memories are not mine.  They were made to make me believe the story and play the part.  A lie, that is all that I am, I am a lie.

I grabbed my bag before I took their memories of me.  I said my goodbyes not knowing if they ever truly knew me.  How can I be so stupid to the truth?  How could I not notice who I really was?  How do I not know who I really am?

I don't know if I should go to the Burrow but I know that it wouldn't look right if I didn't.  I would miss the wedding and everyone.  I apparate myself to the Burrow and walk inside.  Immediately, Mrs. Weasley hugs me and greets me like she always does.  I manage a smile even though I feel like hiding and until I know the truth.

"Hermione dear, are you alright?"  Mrs. Weasley ask me.

I am acting somewhat different but I am still in shock of what my adoptive parents told me. 

I am a pure blood witch.  I am a Lestrange.

"Yes, just the situation itself."

Mrs. Weasley nods her head in understanding and lets me get my things in the Burrow.  I walk up the stairs and am greeted by Ginny.

Ginny.  She became my best girl friend.  Because of who I am, am I betraying her friendship and her trust in me.

"I am sorry about what you had to do Hermione."  Ginny tells me while giving me a hug.  I hug her back and for a second I swear I see Malfoy standing behind Ginny.

I jump back and out of Ginny's arms.  Ginny looks hurt but by how I am looking, she gets worried.

"Hermione, maybe you should go and rest.  I know that this morning was rough for you."  Ginny tells me getting my attention again.

I look at her and sigh.

"I am sorry Ginny...I just...I don't know what I saw."

"It's okay Hermione, you just need to calm down and relax.  What do you mean by saw?  What did you see?"  Ginny ask me, her eyes curious and worried.

"I swear that I saw Malfoy."

She frowns at me and takes a deep breathe and sighs.

"Hermione, you can go to the room and rest.  You are going through alot just like everyone else.  I will bring you something to eat."  Ginny tells me then she takes my wrist and drags me to the room I will be staying in.

She helps me settle in and I lay down on the bed.  When Ginny leaves the room to go to the kitchen, I start to cry and close my eyes.

Who am I?