Chpt. 9

Hermione Lestrange pov.

Draco and I talk to eachother and he explains how they found out the truth.  All my information has been kept in a journal that they now have.  He explains about my parents and lets me know that I don't have to fear anyone in this house.

Is he telling me the truth?  Can I really trust everyone in this house?

"Don't worry.  No one here will force you to accept anything.  You have to make the choice yourself."  Draco tells me.

I nod my head happy that it gives me time to accept my new life.

"Also, your parents want to speak to you."  Draco tells me suddenly

I go quiet, not knowing if what they will happen.  I can feel myself start to panick slightly.

"Talk to them Hermione.  It will help, you will get the truth.  You deserve to know the truth.  Everything is in the journal.  Read it, look it over and don't over a single detail."  Draco tells me.

I nod my head understanding what I have to do nomatter I nervous or scared I am.

"I want to speak with them."

Draco grins and kisses the top of my head before leaving the room.  Seconds later, two people walk in and I feel myself start to panick.

My mother and father...

Bellatrix and Rodulphus Lestrange are my parents.

"Hello, Hermione."  Bellatrix and Rodulphus both greet me with small smiles and sad eyes.

"Hello, you are my...parents."

I can't help the crack in my voice as I can't believe the words myself.  How can my entire life be a lie?

"You know already?"  Bellatrix ask me sitting down in the seat that Draco sat.  Rodulphus walks over and puts both hands on the back of the chair Bellatrix is in.

"Who told you?"  Rodulphus ask me.

"My adoptive parents told me before I left them."

"I see well, we are you parents.  I just can't believe that you are sitting here and talking to us."  Bellatrix, my mom says

"I can't avoid you both forever and yes, I am here.  Why was I adopted?"

They both looked rigid and angry.  Bellatrix grips the book in her hand and Rodulphus grips the back of the chair.

"After you were born, we were told of a complication that went wrong.  They took you to get extra care and when-"  Bellatrix, my mom stops speaking and takes deep breathes

"I went to go and see you but they told me of your death instead.  Nor your mother or I believed it until they showed us a baby girl body.  She looked exactly like you except dead and pale."  Rodulphus, my dad finished for my mom.

"Who would do that?"

My mom handed forward the book she was gripping so hard to.  I reached forward and looked at it.  It was old leather for sure and is used.  I take a deep breathe and open it.  There was all the proof I needed on the first page.

Daughter born of Rodulphus and Bellatrix Lestrange.
Hermione Emma Lestrange