Chpt. 13

Hermione Lestrange pov.

It was in the middle of the night when I heard screaming.  Immediately I got up and followed the screams.

I make it to the staircase and walk down them.  What I see stops me in my tracks.

So many people are injured and are being healed.

"It was an ambush.  They were asking questions."  One of the Death Eaters told Narcissa as she heals his wounds.

"What happened?"

Everyone stops to look at me but continues to help everyone seconds later.

I walked over to Narcissa and help her heal one of the Death Eaters.  Narcissa watches me from the corner of her eye but grins.

"We are sorry to have waken you."  Narcissa tells me as we finish healing the man in front of us.

"It is alright.  What happened?"

"There was an ambush on one of the missions.  Everyone was injured and a few haven't returned yet."  Narcissa tells me and I can tell that something is wrong.

"Who hasn't come back yet?"

I am desperately hoping that she doesn't say my parents or Draco or anyone else I started to care for.  I have already accepted them all as friends and family.

"The only ones who haven't returned yet are a few guards.  We are hoping that they made it out of there."  Narcissa tells me.

I feel myself let out a breathe that I didn't know I was holding in.

"Don't worry.  Your parents wouldn't want to leave you by yourself anymore.  They used to go on missions together but now at least one stays back."  Narcissa lets me know

I nod my head and help Narcissa heal others.  It took a good hour before we healed everyone who showed up then Voldemort shows up along with my parents and Draco and Lucius.  At the same time, my parents walk into the room.

"Hermione dear, what are you doing?"  My mom ask me walking over.

She checks me over and reassure her that I am alright.  My dad walks over as well and gives me a hug.

"I was helping Narcissa with healing."

My mom looks at me with a grin then at Narcissa.  She walks over to her and checks on her as well.
I look at Draco and Lucius and they are smirking at me.

Why are they smirking like that?

"Sorry to wake you Miss Lestrange but it seems that the Order is looking for you."  Voldemort tells me.

"They are?"

Voldemort nods his head at me.

That doesn't make any sense.  They don't even trust me anymore.  Why would they be looking for me?

"Would you have any clue as to what they are doing?"  Voldemort ask me.

"No, I don't understand.  They don't trust me anymore."

"It might be something else then."  Draco says

I look at Draco confused.

"Draco, what do you mean?"

"He means that if they are looking for you then they must have a reason behind it, of course."  Lucius explains to me.

Blaise suddenly apparates into the room all wet.  Draco walks over to his friend and ask him what happened.

"We were ambushed by Potter and the Weasley twins.  The choice to jump into the river was not mine."  Blaise says

"Well, at least your alive."  Draco says to Blaise

"Yeah, but we lost two.  Potter is on a rampage attacking every Death Eater in sight."  Blaise states and everyone looks at me.

"He is?"

Does that mean that Harry still cares for me?

"At least Potter cares enough but still I don't like it.  What are they doing?"  Draco ask Blaise

"Looking for Hermione but at the same time, they are looking for something else."  Blaise explains.

"Horcruxes."  Voldemort and I both say at the same time.  We look at eachother and start to realise what they are doing.

"They need me, don't they."

"They do Miss Lestrange."  Voldemort agrees with me.

That is why they are still looking for me.  They need me to help them figure out about the Horcruxes and where they are.