Chpt. 8

Hermione Lestrange pov.

I have been laying down ever since the healer left. This healer is a Death Eater but I wasn't afraid. This Death Eater is a follower of You-Know-Who but is kind. She checked me over and let me know what I need to do.

She has been speaking to who ever is outside the door. I hear multiple voices that I can't make out. Then someone walks in the room, I look to my side and see Malfoy.

He grabs a chair and sits beside the bed I am on. Malfoy just looks me over and frowns at my wrist.

I have my holds folded together on top of the blanket I am under.

"I'm sorry." Malfoy tells me

"What?"

My voice sounds a little hoarse since I haven't had water since yesterday I believe. It has been a few hours so I don't know exactly. But the healer gave me a bottle to drink from but I haven't opened it yet.

"Have you drank any water yet?" Draco ask me

I don't know why he is doing this or what he wants. I just shake my head and try to sit up. Laying down on a mattress feels good especially when I was tied up for a good while.

How long was I tied up? It couldn't have been that long, could it?

My body feels sore but it feels good being able to stretch out.
I stretch my arms and legs then sit on the bed.  Draco accio the water bottle and gives it to me.

I give him a nod and drink the bottle down in one minute.  The water taste fresh and cool on my throat.  I clear my throat and smile a little.

"Do you need another Hermion?"  Draco ask me.

I look at him and he looks uncomfortable under my gaze.  Does he realize what he called me?  He didn't say Granger but my name.

"Why do you look at me like that?"  He ask me curiously

"You said my name."

"Well, it turns out that you are my cousin so it only makes since that I call you by your name.  You are apart of my family now and that means I protect you now."  Draco tells me.

I thought that my last name was Lestrange and not Malfoy.  Wait, he called me his cousin so that means that one of my parents must be a sibling to his parents.

It feels weird to call them my parents.  All that time, I thought that the Granger's was my family.
I can't be a Death Eater.  Not with everything that they stand for and not with everything they have done.  I was suppose to be loyal to Harry and The Order.

"Don't worry yourself so much.  Your body and mind need to relax."  Draco tells me breaking me from my panicking thoughts.

"I forgive you."

Draco looks at me surprised and I just...

He is willing to accept me because family seems important to him.  Family is important to me as well.

"Thank you Hermione."  Draco says to me in a quiet whisper but with a small grin on his face.